Multiple synchronized documents RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

If I am viewing a very long Word document, say, of 300 page, 10 chapters, is there any way to

1)      Open multiple instance of Winword.exe to view different chapters of the document, say, chapter 1 Introduction, chapter 2 first course, chapter 10 summary, all at the same time?

2)      This is in fact is possible on application allowing “multiple instances”. For example, a PDF viewing software PDF-XChange viewer allows this. For cases like this such that the same original copy a document is opened by different instances of an application, if I am attempting to save the editing in any of the instances, Windows will prompt me that “the file is being opened in another application”, which is quite reasonable a basic mechanism of protection.

But isn’t there way to synchronize the document, so that no matter I am making a change in window 1 for chapter 1, then window 2 for chapter 2, the window 10 for chapter 10, the changes can all be saved and the new document is instantly refreshed/synchronized in all of the windows? It is just like allowing a group of programmers to edit one long code file simultaneously, one in charge of a single block/function. For ordinary documents, does Windows 7 provide any facility to enable this?

Many thanks for viewing and looking forward to suggestions.

Bob

Sunday, November 28, 2010 11:35 AM

Answers

• Hi,

After checking your problem, it is the question related with Microsoft Office word, I suggest asking Microsoft Office Forum for further help:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/officeitpro

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, December 6, 2010 1:16 AM
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 7:41 AM