none
App-V 5.0 SP2 and Office 2013 Publishing Problem

Question

• Hi
    I have a big problem with app-v 5.0 and Office 2013, the thing is that I have published it globally to a RDS servers in my farm and I have 4 different configuration xml's to publsih the package. I'm also using app-locker to prevent the users that are not supposed to have the package doesn't get it published. That is working fine.

The default configuration xml is to publish the package to the computer with Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, onenote and Publisher and create shortcuts to All Programs.
    I have 1 user configuration xml to a group (group 1) that has the default configuration but including 3 shortcuts to the desktop, Excel, Word and Outlook. I have another user configuration xml to group 2 that has all the application and all the shortcuts in Office 2013 Pro and 4 shortcuts to the desktop. I have 1 user configuration xml for Excel only and another one for Word only.

This has been working well for 2-3 days but now users are getting error "The application failed to launch. The application belongs to a packages or a connection group that is scheduled to be unpublished. Error code: 0xA7E0E502-00000516".
    And the Office 2013 is pending to unpublish globally on all servers even though no one has done anything except log in or log out.
    What am I doing wrong, there are no connection groups on the app-v server but there where 2 or 3 long time ago and have been deleted.

Kind Regards
    Kristján R. Halldórsson

Best Regards Kristjan R. Halldorsson

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 10:32 AM

Answers

• Hi
    After I took out the globalrefreshonlogon everything seems to be working well and no unpublish-tasks are pending on my servers.

Will confirm later that this has resolved my problem.

Tuesday, April 01, 2014 2:11 PM

All replies

• run the Get-AppVClientConnectionGroup cmdlet on the client, maybe there are still connectiongroups you missed?

Also enable the Virtualization Subsystem debuglog on the client, and check if there are any strange erromessages.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 12:58 PM
  • I ran the get-appvclientconnectiongroup -all on my servers and there where none listed.

I have also enabled the Virtualization Subsystem debuglog on the client and I'm not finding any error that might relate to this problem.

The thing is I had a group policy enabled that said Enable Global Refresh on Logon = true but I changed that to false and published the package again globally and I'm just waiting now to see if the package goes to unpublish state as it did before. 

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 3:51 PM
  • Hello,

Did you check the registry if you have a pending task?

http://blogs.technet.com/b/virtualvibes/archive/2013/12/03/pending-tasks-in-app-v-5-0-sp2.aspx

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Saturday, March 29, 2014 10:40 AM
  • Hi
    After I took out the globalrefreshonlogon everything seems to be working well and no unpublish-tasks are pending on my servers.

Will confirm later that this has resolved my problem.

Tuesday, April 01, 2014 2:11 PM