Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit ISO Image RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

The Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit DVD cannot be read by my laptop's optical drive. I need to re-install the OS. The DVD was shipped with the laptop when I bought in 2008. Now, the laptop is not under warranty so I am not sure whether Dell would provide me a new DVD. Is there an ISO image available for download? If yes, I can then install the OS from my USB & enter the product key strapped on the back of the laptop upon installation.

Thanks,

Chaitanya

Saturday, March 30, 2013 5:40 AM

All replies

• You don't need to install the exact windows copy which is in your DVD , you can install any Trial Windows Vista Home Basic 32 bit and then Activate it using the Serial Number given with your windows copy. (if your DVD disk is fine and the problem is with your DVD drive then you can put the DVD in another PC and you can make an ISO image of that DVD using Softwares like Alcohol 120% or any other image making software. just load the DVD in DVD-drive open Alcohol 120% and make image of your DVD). 
    Monday, April 1, 2013 5:53 PM
  • Do you by any chance know the link for the Vista trial download?
    Tuesday, April 9, 2013 3:56 AM
  • There are no downloads for Windows Vista.  Please see:  How to Order Dell Replacement Media

Carey Frisch

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 4:51 AM