2 screen setup problem RRS feed

• Question

• I run a 2 screen setup. One of the 2 screen is also connected to another device. When the screen is used for the other device, it is obviously not available for windows.

I recently moved from Vista to windows 7. When a program mistakenly ends up on the wrong screen under vista, I could simply make a right click on the taskbar and select restore then move. The mouse automaticaly went to the said window and all I had to do from there was hold the left mouse button and drag it to my other screen.

It seems to me that with the new taskbar, this is no longer an option. This means that in order to access a program which has ended on the wrong screen, I have to tell my screen to change my signal source to see what I'm doing, then move the window and change the signal source again. It's longer to do this and most annoying to say the least.

Now, I could simply set my other screen as being the main screen, but I have no desires to do so as it is smaller. It is also a fact that my smaller screen is mostly there for my music player, help files, browsing the web and so on. I always run the heavier programs on my wider screen and I usualy never do so while using the other device. Hense, with a few notable exeptions, windows opening on my wider screen is a desired behavior which I do not wish to change.

Monday, August 16, 2010 3:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Enalung,

I cannot quite understand the issue. If you are trying to restore a minimized window on the taskbar, simply point to the icon on the taskbar and right click on the aero preview window and then click Restore (check the screenshot below). Also, you can press Shift+right click on the taskbar icon to display the window menu to restore it.

Also, you can use keyboard shortcuts to move the window. For more information, please refer to: Keyboard shortcuts

Regards,

Linda

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, August 23, 2010 1:56 AM
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 7:45 AM

All replies

• Try Windows-SHIFT-Left or right to move the focussed window to the left or right screen
    Monday, August 16, 2010 8:09 PM
  • Hi Enalung,

I cannot quite understand the issue. If you are trying to restore a minimized window on the taskbar, simply point to the icon on the taskbar and right click on the aero preview window and then click Restore (check the screenshot below). Also, you can press Shift+right click on the taskbar icon to display the window menu to restore it.

Also, you can use keyboard shortcuts to move the window. For more information, please refer to: Keyboard shortcuts

Regards,

Linda

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, August 23, 2010 1:56 AM
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 7:45 AM
  • Thanx, it works.
    Monday, August 23, 2010 8:32 PM