none
Lync 2013 Conference call Identity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

What is the best way to view user name who joins Lync call from Mobile phone. Does Lync 2013 Sync Data from Users Mobile attribute from user profile "Telephone tab".

Any one experience the same, in my case one of my user this is working, i tested by different way but other than his mobile number if i change my number and try to join call it is showing E.164 number as GUEST.

Guys need your Help bit urgent.

Amit

Thursday, February 21, 2019 2:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The users could be required to record his name when using a phone to join conferences by dialing in access number, this is all depends on the settings in SFB Admin center.

If you are using SFB online, you could set whether callers should record their name or not in SFB Admin center.

Under Meeting join experience, see the check box labeled Enable meeting entry and exit notifications to be turned on.

Select Callers will be asked to record their name before they enter the meeting.

If you are using SFB on premise, then you could set it by running the following command to enable this feature.

Get-CsDialInConferencingConfiguration | Set-CsDialInConferencingConfiguration -EnableNameRecording $True

Then users who is dialing in to a meeting using a phone will have to record their name.

If this option is not be set, then users who joining by phone will be displayed as the phone number in the meeting participants.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, February 22, 2019 7:54 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. :)

Kind regards, 

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, February 28, 2019 10:00 AM
  • My Question was if someone dial to conference call, i can see his number instead of name. Is there anyway user name display instead of phone number.

Amit

Friday, March 1, 2019 4:37 PM
  • Hi Amit,

Please kindly note if a user joins the conference via dial in access number on cell phone, then the user will be displayed as his phone number except you configure the name recording feature in dialin conferencing configuration as I mentioned above, this is by design.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 4, 2019 10:46 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking if the reply is helpful with you? Please try to mark the reply as an answer if is useful as it will assist other users who have similar issues to find answer more efficiently in out community.

Please feel free to let us know if you need any further help. 

Kind regards, 

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, March 7, 2019 1:55 PM