State View all that is in Maintenance Mode RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a possibility to create a state view where you can see what (servers but also services) has been put in maintenance mode?
    Monday, October 3, 2011 1:22 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Please see the method in the following post is helpful:

So what is in maintenance mode?

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/boris_yanushpolsky/archive/2007/08/06/so-what-is-in-maintenance-mode.aspx

Thanks.
    Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Wednesday, October 12, 2011 3:43 AM
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 3:54 AM
  • In this case you would have to specifically look for the classes that are being put in MM.  Putting the exchange class (from the exchange view) into MM is not going to shut off all monitoring on that computer.  Learn to NOT set things in MM from anything other than a computer view and then the solution above will be fine.

Microsoft Corporation
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Wednesday, October 12, 2011 3:45 AM
    Monday, October 3, 2011 4:03 PM
  • Or in stead of selecting windows server in the example dktoa gives you, just select Computer. But it has the same effect, you dont see every little thing there, just the computers. The view also doesnt let you select something abstract like Entity to show in this view. But in general you would put the whole computer in MM. only when specifically needed would I put lower levels in MM, like a website that will go into maintenance.
    Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My BICTT Blog) - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Recipient
    • Proposed as answer by Marc Klaver Wednesday, October 5, 2011 8:53 AM
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 5:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Monitoring, Right Click, State View, Name: Maintenance Mode, Show data related to: Windows Server, Select conditions: is in Maintenance Mode

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, October 3, 2011 1:53 PM
  • Thanks for your answer but that's not exactly what i'm looking for. I would like to see everything that's in MM. Problem is when a server is put in MM in a state view from (for example) exchange's Server State. I wil not see the servers in the state view that I created with your answer.

And I also need to see the services that are in MM.

Monday, October 3, 2011 2:35 PM
  • In this case you would have to specifically look for the classes that are being put in MM.  Putting the exchange class (from the exchange view) into MM is not going to shut off all monitoring on that computer.  Learn to NOT set things in MM from anything other than a computer view and then the solution above will be fine.

Microsoft Corporation
    Monday, October 3, 2011 4:03 PM
  • Try this:

Create a new State View. In entity select Agent. Check the Maintenance Mode tick box. This will show all systems in Maintenance Mode regardless of MP.

Monday, October 3, 2011 9:14 PM
  • Or in stead of selecting windows server in the example dktoa gives you, just select Computer. But it has the same effect, you dont see every little thing there, just the computers. The view also doesnt let you select something abstract like Entity to show in this view. But in general you would put the whole computer in MM. only when specifically needed would I put lower levels in MM, like a website that will go into maintenance.
    Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My BICTT Blog) - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Recipient
    • Proposed as answer by Marc Klaver Wednesday, October 5, 2011 8:53 AM
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 5:28 AM
  •  

Hi,

Please see the method in the following post is helpful:

So what is in maintenance mode?

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/boris_yanushpolsky/archive/2007/08/06/so-what-is-in-maintenance-mode.aspx

Thanks.
    Nicholas Li - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Wednesday, October 12, 2011 3:43 AM
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 3:54 AM
  • Hi Nicholas!

TNX that's something I could use.

Kind regards, Sandra

Thursday, October 13, 2011 7:42 AM