Visio Viewer compatibility with Visio (2002) RRS feed

• Question

• I have both VisioViewer installed (latest version, 9/2010) and also have installed a copy of Visio 2002. I have a .VSD document created in the most recent version of Visio (2010, ie. Visio 2007 I believe). Of course, the . VSD will not open in Visio 2002. However, it will not open in Visio Viewer (IE) either. File > Open ... and/or drag'n'drop display "communication failure" error.

Is there not some way to get IE+VisioViewer to display .VSD files created with a later version of Visio when you have Visio.exe 2002 installed?

I'm running XP Pro SP 3.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 4:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the post!

This Windows 7 forum is focused on answering usage-related questions about Windows 7, since you are running Windows XP Pro Sp3, in order to resolve your problem efficiently, please ask question in Windows XP Service Pack 3 forum.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!

Best Regards,

Miya Yao

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Thursday, September 30, 2010 9:46 AM
    Friday, September 24, 2010 5:57 AM