Forwarding an email to a recipient then moving it RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am currently having trouble setting up a rule where I would like the following to happen, 

1. Any email received with the subject containing "123" gets forwarded to a specific recipient "J.Citizen"

2. Any email received with the subject containing "123" gets moved to a specific folder "123"

Part 2 always happens but Part 1 doesn't

When I set up the run and select "run rule on messages already in inbox" then parts 1 and 2 both happen

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Friday, December 13, 2019 1:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to my research, there are two possible situations.

1. Your Outlook rule may be corrupted, please try recreating your srs file:
      Please go to:
      C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook\
      Rename the files Outlook.srs to something else like Outlook.srs.old and restart your Outlook.
      Then delete and recreate your rule and test for a while.
    2. If the issue continues, there is a possibility that the messages have been moved before it could be forwarded to the recipient. (Outlook inbox rules only apply to messages in the inbox) , so the Part 1 doesn't work. In this situation, it is suggested to create Part 1 and Part 2 as two separate rules(Do not select 'stop processing more rules') and put the "Part 1" rule in front of “Part 2” rule.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 13, 2019 8:23 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 16, 2019 7:29 AM