none
Correct Procedure for manually uninstalling DPM 2010 Agent RRS feed

• Question

• I know the Console is the most logical place to perform an uninstall of the agent and I know that most agent install and uninstall issues are firewall related however given I am unable to uninstall an agent with the Console what id the correct procedure for manually uninstalling the agent?

Is it:

1) Remove affected computer from Protection Group
    2) Run Add/Remove to remove MSSCDPM2010
    3) Reboot affected computer

If that is correct,  how can we get rid of console vestigaes?

Monday, November 1, 2010 11:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Don,

After removing the agent on the PS using add / remove programs, If for any reason you cannot remove the agent from the DPM Console, run DPM power shell command Remove-ProductionServer.ps1 on the DPM Server.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 12:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Don,

After removing the agent on the PS using add / remove programs, If for any reason you cannot remove the agent from the DPM Console, run DPM power shell command Remove-ProductionServer.ps1 on the DPM Server.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 12:37 AM
  • Hi Mike,

what are the next step after  run DPM power shell command Remove-ProductionServer.ps1 on the DPM Server.

Kindly reply ASAP

Regards,

Ganesh N.

g@nesh

Thursday, July 18, 2013 6:44 AM