Month to Date RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to create in Proclarity a View where Columns have the Sales Manager and Rows have the Sales Measure, but I want to add the Sales from the first day of the month to the current day of the same month.

I already entered to the "Business Intelligence Wizard" and selected the option Define time intelligence, selected the Month period and selected the Month to Date option. The measure selected was Sales.

But after doing this, I am lost, i don't know how to define in my View of Proclarity that the periods should be from the 1 to the last day of the month.

Is there somewhere in the internet where this is explained step by step?

Any help is appreciated,
    Thanks,
    Gabriela

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 10:58 PM

Answers

•  

"But after doing this, I am lost, i don't know how to define in my View of Proclarity that the periods should be from the 1 to the last day of the month."

Try selecting a specific day on your Proclarity Setup Grid, and selecting the MTD attribute member (it should be in TIME INTELLIGENCE attribute by default) as well. It should work automatically, if you ran the Time Intelligence wizard correctly.

-Boris

Thursday, January 10, 2008 8:58 PM

All replies

•  

Hi Gabriela2007,

I've only used the Add Bus. Intelligence wizard a couple of times - but, I hear it works great.  I'm more familiar with adding a Period Calculations dimension into the cube that will display Month To Date (MTD) for your view.  They may be one in the same.  I'll have to investigate a bit to know more about them.

Either way, once you have the intelligence defined, you will need to select the MTD member from the Date/Calendar/Time "Period" calculation dimension.  Then, you will need to select month or lower on your regular Date/Calendar/Time dimesion.  The "Period" calc dimension with MTD can stay on the background, but you will likely want to put your regular Time dim on either rows or columns. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

-Joey

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 8:35 PM
  • Hi Gabriela,

In addition to Joey's comments, if you are wondering where these time members are placed once the Business Intelligence Wizard completes, check the Calculations tab within your cube in BIDS.  This should show the calculations you added.  Once you process your cube you should also see these calculations under ProClarity's Measures as well.  If you need more information regarding how the BI Wizard works, I'd suggest starting in SQL Books Online, and if that is not sufficient you might even post a question to the Analysis Services forum:

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=83&SiteID=17

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Amanda Ruffner

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 9:58 PM
  •  

"But after doing this, I am lost, i don't know how to define in my View of Proclarity that the periods should be from the 1 to the last day of the month."

Try selecting a specific day on your Proclarity Setup Grid, and selecting the MTD attribute member (it should be in TIME INTELLIGENCE attribute by default) as well. It should work automatically, if you ran the Time Intelligence wizard correctly.

-Boris

Thursday, January 10, 2008 8:58 PM