none
Is it recomanded to run a Exchange 2010 database maintenance in DAG environment on the Mailbox-Servers if we run eseutil on DPM 2012 protection groups RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

we have 6 Exchange 2010 Mailbox servers an a DPM Server 2012 wich is protectin the mailbox databases. In the Protection Group Options we Select "Run Eseutil to chck data integrty" and "Run for lof files only" because of DAG.

Is it still recomended to run a 24/7 an database maintenance on the exchange servers or is it sufficient to let DPM do th database check on the backup side?

What ist the best practise setting for exchange 2010 servers if DPM ist setup up like above?

We want to avoid I/O trouble or eseutil job collision between exchang and DPM.

Thanks

Monday, March 4, 2013 8:48 AM

Answers

• Hi Thorsten,

For disk based protection, Eseutil runs on DPM server. You won't have any  I/O trouble or job collision between exchange and DPM.

Stephane. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All.

My DPM blog Yet Another DPM Blog

Monday, March 4, 2013 10:07 AM