none
Project Site Template - PS 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

Environment : Project Server 2013

Wanted to configure all the Risks and Issues to open in a Dialog Box. Managed to enable the same in the Advanced Settings (Launch forms in a dialog).

But when i save the same site as a template, the Dialog box setting is being reverted back to No and the Risks and Issues for any new project created are opening in a full page.

Any thoughts on this !!

Regards, Dan

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 2:49 PM

Answers

• Hi Dan,

Hrishi is right, a site template don't save the list settings as a "Launch forms in dialog?". You should develop something that change this feature: an eventreceiver, some javascript, a project event receiver...If you're in a Project Online evironment, javascript would be your easiest solution...

• Marked as answer by P Daniel Friday, October 30, 2015 10:17 AM
    Thursday, October 29, 2015 12:19 PM

All replies

• Please refer following Prasanna' s blog post on this topic

http://www.prasannaadavi.com/2013/05/customizing-project-site-template-in.html

Hrishi Deshpande Senior Consultant

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 4:08 AM
  • Hi Daniel,

IF you are having some custom scripts try saving the site template with data (i.e. custom values, scripts / formulas in columns. 

Regards,

Faizan

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 5:31 AM
  • Thankyou Hrishi and Syed for your inputs.

Both the suggestions are helping me to save the site with pre content loaded.

My Site Template has a setting to open any new RIsks or Issues in Dialog Form, but every time a new project is created with this template the New Risks or Issues are opening in full Page, Some how the Project Template is loosing the list settings.

My Goal is to open the Risks and Lists in the Dialog Form as shown below for every new project created.

Hope we can manage to fix this !

Thanks in advance!!

Dan.

• Edited by P Daniel Wednesday, October 28, 2015 8:29 AM
    Wednesday, October 28, 2015 8:28 AM
  • Dan,

I don't think list settings are retained when you  create site template

Hrishi Deshpande Senior Consultant

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 6:01 PM
  • Hi Dan,

Hrishi is right, a site template don't save the list settings as a "Launch forms in dialog?". You should develop something that change this feature: an eventreceiver, some javascript, a project event receiver...If you're in a Project Online evironment, javascript would be your easiest solution...

• Marked as answer by P Daniel Friday, October 30, 2015 10:17 AM
    Thursday, October 29, 2015 12:19 PM
  • Thanks Jose!!

I guess javascript should do the job here !! Will give it a try !!

Thursday, October 29, 2015 6:34 PM
  • Your welcome!! It it helps you, please, mark it as the correct answer
    Friday, October 30, 2015 8:23 AM