No Workbook Queries icon appears on ribbon RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have turned on auditing for my SQL Database. I then went to this location to download the Power Query add-in for Excel http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39379.

What is supposed to happen is that when I open Excel and select the Power Query menu item, there will be a 'Workbooks Query' icon on the ribbon.

I have tried both the 32bit install and 64bit install on two different machines, both with Office 2013 SP1, and no icon such as this appears.

Could this be that it's a problem with the version of Office I'm using (Office Professional 2013 Plus SP1)??

MSFT App Dev Consultant

Saturday, January 17, 2015 6:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Larry Wall,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum. This forum is for developers discussing devloping issues involve Excel application like automation or customization. Since the issue is relative to Power Query, I would like to move it to Power Query forum.

In addtion, I suggest that you check the whether add-in install successfully and be actived. You can get the staus of add-ins via File->Add-ins.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 19, 2015 5:21 AM
  • Hi Larry,

Could you share the screenshot of Excel when Power Query ribbon is shown and the Workbook Queries is hidden?

Monday, January 19, 2015 6:26 AM