none
Health Service and Management goups RRS feed

• Question

• On serveral clients Health Service reports that it did not find any policy in Active Directory. (event ID 2011), and
    "No management groups were started. This may either be because no management groups are currently configured or a configured management group failed to start. The Health Service will wait for policy from Active Directory configuring a management group to run." Event ID 2003.

The SCE management group does exists and the client is a member of this group. 

Several tasks for clients where this situation exists can not be run from SCE (failed to submit task). For example "Health Service 'A1043.domain.com' in which the location monitoring object is contained is not available. Make sure that the computer hosting the Health Service is available and verify that the Health Service is running.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 10:29 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Could you please try the following steps on your SCE server:

1. Created New RunAs Account of Windows Type using an account in your domain administrtor group that had permissions to container.

2. Linked the New RunAs Account named AD RunAs Account, to the Active Directory Based Agent Assignement RunAs Profile.

3. Restarted Config, SDK, and Health Services
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 10:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please try the following steps on your SCE server:

1. Created New RunAs Account of Windows Type using an account in your domain administrtor group that had permissions to container.

2. Linked the New RunAs Account named AD RunAs Account, to the Active Directory Based Agent Assignement RunAs Profile.

3. Restarted Config, SDK, and Health Services
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 10:41 AM
  • Thanks Eric

Creating the new RunAs account in the SCE console is OK, but what do you mean by "Linked the New RunAs Account named AD RunAs Account, to the Active Directory Based Agent Assignement RunAs Profile"?  And for the third point, in the sevices.msc I see Health Services, but not the Config and SDK services.

Please provide a bit more detailed instructions as I am new to SCE

Thanks
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 11:20 AM
  • Hi,

In SCE console - Administration space - Security - Runas Profile.

Right click "Active Directory Based Agent Assignement" and choose "property", in "Runas account" tab, click new to add the Runas account you created in my last reply.

Friday, August 14, 2009 9:03 AM
  • Hi,
    I'm having a similar problem where we have recently setup the active directory integration on a new SCOM R2 environment.  The Active Directory objects have been created, configured the Ops Console, and modified the AD Integration Registry Key. 

When the agent starts up I see the following error in the Ops Mgr Event log as mentioned above.

"No management groups were started. This may either be because no management groups are currently configured or a configured management group failed to start. The Health Service will wait for policy from Active Directory configuring a management group to run."

I'm wondering if the problem is related to the AD objects that were created.  It's my understanding that the SCP name is the management server netbios name with the suffix "_SCP" and it should create a rule with 2 security groups with the name of the management server netbios name, the 1st one with the suffix "_PrimarySG<randomnumber> and the 2nd one "_SecondarySG<random number>".

All that I see in AD is:
    Operations Manager
         <Management Group Name>
              HealthServiceSCP
              <Management Group Name>_HSvcSCP_SG

This is the command that i used to setup Active Directory Integration:

MomADAdmin.exe <management group name> <OpsMgr Admins Security Group> <RMS Name> <AD Domain>

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Friday, August 14, 2009 9:26 PM
  • Hi Fl2ok,

Did you try my solution to create a new RUNas account?

If it didn't work, I'd like to suggest you use the Microsoft public technet froum for SCOM which would be the most relevant forum for your question.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/systemcenteroperationsmanager
    Monday, August 17, 2009 8:57 AM
  • Eric,
    Yes.  I have already created the runas account that you mentioned above.

Thanks!
    Monday, August 17, 2009 7:58 PM