Too many redirects through Web Application Proxy RRS feed

• Question

• I currently have 4 sites set up through web application proxy so that they are visible on the external network but all of these sites are coming up with the error page too many redirects no matter what browser i am using.  All of my sites are set up for HTTP to HTTPS redirection but the issue still occurs when i disable this.
    Sunday, January 14, 2018 11:58 AM

All replies

• Hi djbigmac9,

How did you set the reverse proxy ? The too many redirects should occur when your redirection have a infinite loop.

So please explain what application did you use to create the reverse proxy. In addition, did you set CDN for your website?

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 15, 2018 2:05 AM
  • Hi ,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.                   

Best Regards,

Candy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 9:46 AM
  • Hi ,

Did you have any updates?

Best Regards,

Candy

Thursday, January 18, 2018 7:27 AM
  • So sorry for the extremely late response, I ended up getting side tracked in other projects!

I am using the Web Application Proxy under the remote access section on Windows Server 2012 R2

On the internal side, I have my DNS record pointing towards the WAP server and the host file on that server pointing towards the application.  This appears to work internally as I am getting the server IP for the proxy when I use nslookup to resolve the IP of the domain name and I can also reach the sites internally without any issues. 

Pointing externally, I have ports 80 & 443 open to the WAP server and I notice that when I type in the URL of one of my proxied sites, it will redirect me to the secured site as I had set while configuring it.  the issue comes into play when I try to open the site on a computer outside of my network, when I try to open the site, it gives me the error: INET_E_REDIRECT_FAILED.

Sorry if I have missed anything!

Many Thanks,

Matthew

• Edited by Matthew.Campbell Wednesday, February 14, 2018 11:31 PM Added what proxy I am using
    Wednesday, February 14, 2018 11:27 PM