none
Windows 10 Windows Hello 2008R2 DC RRS feed

• Question

• I have the latest surface and I am having issues with enabling windows hello.  I was able to turn this on for the local account, then join to the domain.  Now when I try and enable it, it is grayed out and says managed by my admin. I enabled the group policy setting for this, however still having the same issue.

Surface is running Windows 10 Ent LTSB

Saturday, January 14, 2017 12:49 AM

All replies

• Have you tried gpupdate /force?

Do you see any errors in event viewer?

Sunday, January 15, 2017 5:19 PM
  • Hi,

Did you do it on local Group Policy?

If yes, it should be controlled by your domain administrator.

Here I suggest you contact your IT Admin.

If this is not controlled via DC Group Policy. Run gpupdate /force on your computer to sync the policy status.

If the issue persists, run gpresult /h command, and check if any clue on the report or upload the file to OneDrive for analysis by all community members.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 16, 2017 2:52 AM
  • Sorry have been out of the office.  I have set this at the DC group policy.  I checked gpresults and do not see any errors.  My only thought is that maybe something else needs to be turned on to make this work with 2008 server that I am missing.
    Friday, January 20, 2017 7:19 PM
  • Sorry have been out of the office.  I have set this at the DC group policy.  I checked gpresults and do not see any errors.  My only thought is that maybe something else needs to be turned on to make this work with 2008 server that I am missing.

No, we didn't look for errors. Just to see if any policy related to Windows Hello is configured.

Have you contact your IT admin?

Upload your gpresult output file to OneDrive for analysis.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 26, 2017 6:21 AM