none
Reduce Bitlocker Pin Attemps from 32 to a lower number. RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to reduce the number of TPM Pin Attempts in MBAM/Bitlocker from 32 to a lower number? 

These GPO's don't appear to have any affect with bitlocker. 

• Standard User Individual Lockout Threshold
    • Standard User Total Lockout Threshold
    • Standard User Lockout Duration

Also, there is a rumor that the healing time was reduced from 2 hours to 10 minutes in newer versions of windows. but i can't find any evidence of this (without just trying it for myself). Does anyone know if this has changed?

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 2:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As my know, changing the number of TPM pin attempts is not impossible through official measure. 

Please see the following description for more information.(link: TPM lock out)

I have not heard or found and official article refer to reduce healing time. As TPM 2.0 is also apply to the latest Windows system such as Windows 10 1903 and Windows Server 2019, so 2 hours should also keep the time as before. 

There is a similar thread same with your issue, we also could refer to TPM 2.0 - Is it possible to reduce the allowable BitLocker PIN attempts to less than 32? 

Bests, 

Joy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 5:54 AM
  • Hi,

I have not heard from you for several days, was the issue resolved?

If my reply is useful for you, please mark it as answer. 

If you have doubts, please contact with us directly.

Bests, 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 3, 2019 1:52 AM