automatic booking room for skype for business RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all

I have a SFB user that is being used for a polycom conference system that normally, has a user name ... user@company.com

Than I have a resource meeting room , with an email address .... room@onmicrosoft.company.com

Is there a way that when someone make a conference with the SFB user it also automaticaly book the roomn as well?

Thank you

Thursday, March 15, 2018 9:28 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I'm assuming you're using Skype for Business Online, is Exchange on-prem or Exchange Online?  Either way you need to have configured integration.

You need to be using a single account, not two separate accounts, e.g.

• Create a Room Mailbox
    • Customise the Room Mailbox (Set-CalendarProcessing)
    • Enable the account for Skype for Business

Hope this helps,

Steve

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, March 16, 2018 3:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ion Vlad Orascu Friday, March 16, 2018 12:47 PM
    Thursday, March 15, 2018 5:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm assuming you're using Skype for Business Online, is Exchange on-prem or Exchange Online?  Either way you need to have configured integration.

You need to be using a single account, not two separate accounts, e.g.

• Create a Room Mailbox
    • Customise the Room Mailbox (Set-CalendarProcessing)
    • Enable the account for Skype for Business

Hope this helps,

Steve

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, March 16, 2018 3:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ion Vlad Orascu Friday, March 16, 2018 12:47 PM
    Thursday, March 15, 2018 5:11 PM
  • I agree with Steve

without further information; i would recommend to auth your o365 domain so you don't use the @onmicrosoft.*

then add your room mailbox to SFB as steve mentioned.

then change the user on the polycom to the room auth.

Thursday, March 15, 2018 5:16 PM
  • Hi

Agree with others.

Moreover, I will share a document with you, please refer to the part “Online Meeting Room Configuration”
    http://blog.schertz.name/2017/01/skype-for-business-online-meeting-room-accounts/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 16, 2018 5:26 AM
  • Hello Steve

If you're kind enough, please explain me this.

Ok, so I enable the room mailbox for SFB. But that account will not have a password, it is still a room account.

How will it log in?

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 9:03 AM
  • Hello,

You can set a password on a resource mailbox using PowerShell.

If you need instructions on connecting to Exchange Online see here.

If you are creating a new Room Mailbox:

$roommbx = “skyperoom2@x500.co.uk”

$roompass = “x12345!”

New-Mailbox -MicrosoftOnlineServicesID $roommbx -Room -Name “Skype Room 2“ -RoomMailboxPassword (ConvertTo-SecureString $roompass -AsPlainText -Force) -EnableRoomMailboxAccount $true

If you already have the Room Mailbox, and want to change the password:

$roompass = “x12345!”

Set-Mailbox -MicrosoftOnlineServicesID skyperoom2@x500.co.uk -RoomMailboxPassword (ConvertTo-SecureString $roompass -AsPlainText -Force) -EnableRoomMailboxAccount $true

Thanks,

Steve

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 9:43 AM