none
While reimage a Windows 10 PC I cannot get past the error "Windows cannot display the images available for installation" RRS feed

• Question

• I have created these images numerous times but now with Windows 1809 I can't get past the error. I start by installing a clean copy of Windows 10 Enterprise on a new laptop. Install all of our default software, MS Office 2016, Symantec endpoint protection, set up my default menu tiles, activate Windows and Office.

Afterwards I reboot the PC on a UEFI boot thumb drive, when Windows setup starts I do a shift F10 and drop to DOS. I then open Diskpart to check the correct volumes, exit diskpart and use dism to create the new image. Once the new image has been created I format a new thumb drive with the same ISO I use to install the new OS on the new PC. I replace the install.wim file off the newly formatted thumb drive with the newly created install.wim file from the dism image. From there I normally reboot the PC on the thumb drive and run the full set up. Prior to 1809 the image went through without any issues until now. Has anyone else run into this issue? Has anyone found a workaround? Other than going back to an older image I am stumped. Any assistance or suggestions are appreciated.

Monday, April 1, 2019 12:54 PM

All replies