none
domain user login takes long time... RRS feed

• Question

• i have use server 2012 and client machine is windows 7,8,10. but my domain user login takes long time so pl z give solution..

regard

Mohit

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 5:36 AM

All replies

• i have use server 2012 and client machine is windows 7,8,10. but my domain user login takes long time so pl z give solution..

regard

Mohit

Slow logins have variety of reasons. There is no fixed solution to fixed these problems. However I will list the most common ones that I know and I believe others will add more items:

• Bad DNS client settings: Your client must point to a valid DNS server in your environment. If you are using AD & DNS on same server, the clients should point to their local DC for name resolution. I have seen poeple that tend to use public DNS as their prefered DNS servers. If you are using DHCP, make sure to add your valid DNS server in 'Scope Options'.
    • Software Installations: Make sure that an installation sort of thing is not affecting your computer or user on logon. 
    • GPO and Login Scripts: GPOs can also increase the time of login. However it all depends on content of the GPOs. As a test, you can move the user account to an isolated OU where no policy is applied to see how much it will affect the login process.
    • User Profile: Is the user profile roaming? What is the size? If that is heavy, it will take time to load the profile for sure.

Mahdi Tehrani | | www.mahditehrani.ir
    Make sure to download my free PowerShell scripts:

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 7:41 AM
  • Hi,

adding to Mahdi's points, if you have drive mappings in your environment, then that also need to be checked

Regards,
    Bala

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 8:41 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Lee

Just do it.

Monday, February 25, 2019 7:34 AM