Outlook 2010 is blocking opening web through hyperlinks in emails RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently switched my system to Office 365. Everything is operating well and I have worked out most issues. Since I switched to Office 365 I can not directly open a web page from a hyperlink in an email. I get the warning: 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." First as a small business, I am the system administrator and I have searched to find a way to eliminate this restriction. This situation only occured after we switched to Office 365 and is only a problem on my computer.
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 3:58 PM

Answers

• This is a problem with IE and Windows, its not an Outlook error. You need to reset your internet settings in IE's Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab. (Or Control panel, Internet options, Advanced tab). If it occurred after uninstalling Firefox or Chrome (and any program that opens HTML files) you need to repair the registry (or reinstall them.)

If resetting the Internet settings doesn't work (and they don't seem to for a lot of users), see http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm for other things to try. Most people tell me that "Alan's method" was the easiest.  

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
    Outlook Daily Tips | Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center
    Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook weekly newsletter
    • Marked as answer by Rex Zhang Thursday, September 22, 2011 3:28 AM
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 4:33 AM