Incompatible Software List RRS feed

• General discussion

• I couldn't find one - and I think this would be important / useful

I'll start it off:

Yahoo Messenger - when I run this program for a little while [in Win7 RTM x64] my computer will completely freeze (no mouse movement) and require a restart (occurs 100% of the time I run this program for about 15-20 minutes). I have found that when I do not run this program, I can use my system smoothly for hours - still have not had a freeze. No other settings / programs have been changed.

ActiveX scripts - I find that when using Mozilla, my machine will sometimes freeze when viewing flash, facebook images, embeded objects, etc.

VeriSoft Access Manager Version 2.1.0.844.1 - Bioscrypt Inc. comes with HP Pavilion HDX9000
    Works perfectly in Vista, but could not work in Windows 7 RC. I run Upgrade advisor, which tells me to uninstall the programme, and not to re-install after the upgrade is completed.
    It is installed perfectly in Windows 7, the the main windows can still opens, but it does not work with my fingerprint reader as it did with vista. I haven't find any updates or replacement. If anybody knows of an (free) alternative programme to work with fingerprint reader, pls let me know.

Please reply to this post with software you have issues with - I will do my best to edit my original post to index new additions / links / fixes - etc.
    • Edited by AmpedAl Monday, October 12, 2009 4:31 PM
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 9:28 PM

All replies

• I have not had any success on either of my test systems (one desktop one laptop) of installing any versions of YM!.   I get a Rich32.dll error. So you're doing better than I.
    Saturday, October 10, 2009 12:15 AM
  • I am avoiding that program altogether...I just don't trust it. Using www.Meebo.com - works just as well. I do miss having archived messages though. Waiting for Google wave to come out, have my fingers crossed.
    Saturday, October 10, 2009 8:49 PM
  • thanks for alerting me about Y! Messenger.

VeriSoft Access Manager Version 2.1.0.844.1 - Bioscrypt Inc. comes with HP Pavilion HDX9000
    Works perfectly in Vista, but could not work in Windows 7 RC. I run Upgrade advisor, which tells me to uninstall the programme, and not to re-install after the upgrade is completed.
    It is installed perfectly in Windows 7, the the main windows can still opens, but it does not work with my fingerprint reader as it did with vista. I haven't find any updates or replacement. If anybody knows of an (free) alternative programme to work with fingerprint reader, pls let me know.

Even if replacement can't be found, I will still migrate to Windows 7 when it comes out, and finally I can let go of my beloved XP, and throw away Vista completely.
    • Edited by w_tanoto Monday, October 12, 2009 11:55 AM adding
    Monday, October 12, 2009 11:54 AM
  • Am also facing the same issue, after uninstalling my verisoft , i cant install it back- need that application, have u been fortunate with it so far or gotten help?
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 2:05 AM
  • @klinguy. This is my update of the situation:
    I don't know how to post link, but you may want to check my profile and search for a thread named "HP Pavilion HDX9000: AuthenTek 2501A software and AverMedia TV Tuner".

To summarise my experiments (I will exclude all failed experiments), basically, uninstall ANY fingerprint software and the drivers .
    You will download the driver from AuthenteK website and install it:
    http://www.authentec.com/win7beta32.cfm   ---  32 bit
    http://www.authentec.com/win7beta64.cfm   ---  64 bit
    (courtesy of User Biometric Engineer ) - as the user said, this is not for Win7Beta, but the driver itself is beta

Simply just use Windows 7 built-in fingerprint software which can be accessed via Device and Printers (just type in search box). Get into Biometric option (you might need to right-click it - I can't remember). Register your fingerprints. Done.
    To be honest, this worked better and FASTER than verisoft (discontinued now).

If you need more details of how to access this, pls let me know
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 3:29 AM