Shared calendars outlook 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I wonder if you can help me, At work we share our calendars with everybody else in our department. The bosses have decided to create project teams do do certain tasks at certain times in the working week. Putting each project teams calendars into groups is easy but what I want to do is specify certain dates and times for each project group so that when I click on a project group of calendars it only displays the days and times when the people in the team are actually working on the project. For example team1 works on their project from 15.00 to 17.00 mondays and tuesdays, while team 2 works wednesdays and fridays from 17.00 to 19.00 etc. The other stipulation is that people must be able to edit the calendars to add/delete tasks into 15 min time slots within these hours.

I guess the only way is to use the SQL tab under the filter setting in view settings then save it as aspecific view associated with each group, but how and what command do I use.

If someone could help me on this it would be much appreciated

Saturday, September 10, 2016 11:46 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I'm afraid that it cannot be achieved, however Outlook client will display the calendar items with all day instead of only items between 15:00 to 17:00. Figure as below:

Also, I recommend to create a Group Calendar and add required mailbox in it (similar with screenshot), so you can quickly select them all and display them in the Overlay View to get a combined overview of the activities and availability of the entire team.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Edited by Allen_WangJF Monday, September 26, 2016 2:56 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Friday, September 30, 2016 2:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by Allen_WangJF Tuesday, October 11, 2016 3:09 PM
    Monday, September 26, 2016 2:54 AM

All replies

• I recommend that you post this in the Outlook Forum:  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/threads

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Sunday, September 11, 2016 12:03 AM
  • Hi,

Would you please post more special information about your expectation?

"when I click on a project group of calendars it only displays the days and times"
    By default, we only can view Free/Busy information for other's calendar. If you want to view details for other's calendar, we need add "Reviewer" permission.

Add-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity <Users>:\Calendar -User <other user> -AccessRights Reviewer

For your expectation, I recommend create a shared calendar with Public folder and assign all required mailbox Reviewer (or Editor) permission to DL (i.e. project team group), then the member of each DL can view this calendar and add items if they want.

Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Edited by Allen_WangJF Monday, September 12, 2016 9:57 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Monday, September 19, 2016 2:30 PM
    Monday, September 12, 2016 9:52 AM
  • Hi, the reason this is posted here is because we all use shared calendars and I was told by the administrator this was the place to post.

To Clarify what i want to do.

I want to open a group of calendars say in schedule view for a specific day and time slot so I can instantly see who is busy and who has free time slots. It must also allow me to add appointments/meetings onto those slots. All of just in the office have full permissions to do this to each others calendars.

To give am example group1 consists of peter, john  w,john b, chloe and meg. They are on project duty monday and tues between 15.00 and 17.00.

In the above case I want the view to just display monday and tuesday between 15.00 and 17.00 so I can instantlly see who is busy/free without having to scroll through the calendars.

Thursday, September 22, 2016 5:36 AM
  • Hi,

I'm afraid that it cannot be achieved, however Outlook client will display the calendar items with all day instead of only items between 15:00 to 17:00. Figure as below:

Also, I recommend to create a Group Calendar and add required mailbox in it (similar with screenshot), so you can quickly select them all and display them in the Overlay View to get a combined overview of the activities and availability of the entire team.

Allen Wang

• Edited by Allen_WangJF Monday, September 26, 2016 2:56 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Friday, September 30, 2016 2:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by Allen_WangJF Tuesday, October 11, 2016 3:09 PM
    Monday, September 26, 2016 2:54 AM