Skype for Business Server 2015 - external access prefix 9 in dialplan RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

We're setting the external access prefix to 9 in order to support user with legacy behavior in PBX.

It works fine (e.g. both 61234567 and 961234567 translate to +85261234567)

until I found that if use dial a local number with 9 in prefix (e.g. 91234567) it wrongly translated to 1234567!

Excluding the 4 digits internal extensions normalization rules we put at top, We simply put these rules in the dial plan's bottom for handling external calls when user dial the whole number (without the +852 country code)

HK-Local, ^(\d{8})$, +852$1

Keep All, ^(\d+)$, $1

Guys do you have any idea we should fix this 'properly' in the Dial Plan setup? :(

Best Regards,

Vincent

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 9:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Vincent,

Did you go to "Test voice routing" in the voice routing section and check which rule is translating the dialed number?

Regards

Simon

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful. Regards Simon Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 10:28 AM
  • Hi Vincent,

Now when you test number 91234567, it was translated to 1234567?

Please open the dialplan ,check if it include aother normalization rules?

Please open the HK-Local normalization rules and give me a screen shot.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, February 15, 2018 8:03 AM
  • HK-Local, ^9?(\d{8})$, +852$1
    Friday, February 16, 2018 7:47 PM
  • Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, February 22, 2018 11:46 AM
  • Dear Simon,

The test is working fine, the testing does not use the "External access prefix" value though.

So 91234567 will become +85291234567 in the test box in dial plan.

Friday, February 23, 2018 5:32 AM
  • did you solve the problem? if so ,please mark the helpful reply as answer

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 10:47 AM