Cannot upload VM Template to Windows Azure in Appcontroller RRS feed

All replies

• Hi Asuka,

There are 2 reasons that the Upload option will be unavailable:

1. The template has no disks
    2. The template has a disk but VMM does not recognize it as a vhd with a Windows operating system on it (I believe this is the issue you are seeing).

You can verify this by:

1. Open the VMM console
    2. Go to Library -> VM Templates
    3. Select the Template and Open Properties
    4. If you do not see a entry on the Hardware tab for a VHD then the template has no disks
    5. If you do not see a tab for OS Configuration (under Hardware Configuration) then VMM does not recognize the template as having a Windows operating system on the disk

Kind Regards

Richard

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, January 4, 2013 12:25 AM
  • Richard, Thanks for your best answer.

Now I can upload my vm into azure, but after I configure everything, the appcontroller tell me failed with access denied.

I use the domain admin logon on both scvmm and appcontroller, so I don't why.

Asuka from ITECN

Friday, January 4, 2013 3:34 AM
  • This is a different error now. ‘Access denied’ is due to the App Controller server not having direct file access to the VMM library share. This is a new requirement for being able to do VHD conversion (dynamic->fixed). So, whatever account the Azure provider is running under, giving it read-only access both the file share (MSSCVMMLibrary) and the underlying file path on the library server. (If the account is Network Service, give the machine account access.)

Also please make sure the VHD used in the template is not shared by diffrent templates on the VMM server. Sometime the sharing will cause this similar issue.

Thanks,

-John 

Friday, January 4, 2013 8:56 AM