WSUS Server 2012r2 RRS feed

• Question

• We had a wsus server running 2008r2 that crashed and has been replaced with a 2012r2 server with the same name/ip.  It accesses updates from an upstream server via a proxy (no credentials needed).  All computers are reporting but I cannot download updates.  I am getting the following error ID's, 364 (BITS) and 12072 (WSUS content directory is not accessible. Remote server returned an error: (404) Not found).  I've verified access and permissions to the wsus content directory but still cannot download udpates.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 11:31 AM

Answers

• Hi llebbett,

1. Please verify if the original WSUS 2008r2 is dismissed completed, ensure the network connection is well as you use the original name and IP address;

2. Please check if the new WSUS server is appeared in the upstream WSUS server console as downstream.

3. WSUS 2012 R2 use HTTP port 8350 and HTTPS 8531, please check if you are using the correct number.

4. Please check the content of event 364, it will indicate the reason why the sync is failed.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 23, 2016 2:49 AM