none
Approval workflow on project plan before publish RRS feed

• Question

• Hi - is there a way to associate an approval workflow to the project schedule? In short, I want all project plans to be approved before it gets published.

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, November 24, 2016 4:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I can confirm that you can't have an approval workflow BEFORE a project is published OOB. You can have any action, when a project is published. But this will not stop publishing.

Sorry!
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

• Marked as answer by GoodbyeWorld Monday, November 28, 2016 2:17 PM
    Saturday, November 26, 2016 10:57 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You can create and associate a project workflow to go through Planning stage gate prior to have a final schedule published.

you can find lot of material related to workflows and workflow development, go through this to start with: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ee767694.aspx

hope this helps.

Khurram Jamshed | Blog |Twitter | Linkedin

Thursday, November 24, 2016 11:32 PM
  • Thanks but the workflow is independent of the project plan updates. e.g. I can have a published plan already even in my 'Initiate' stage gate.

Also, there may be changes midway through the project plan (after the 'Manage' stage) where a change is required. I want to confirm that it's not feasible OOTB to tie an approval workflow to the publish functionality of the project plan.

Friday, November 25, 2016 9:30 AM
  • Hi,

I can confirm that you can't have an approval workflow BEFORE a project is published OOB. You can have any action, when a project is published. But this will not stop publishing.

Sorry!
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

• Marked as answer by GoodbyeWorld Monday, November 28, 2016 2:17 PM
    Saturday, November 26, 2016 10:57 AM
  • Hello, as Barbara has already confirmed, its not possible OOB. 

Khurram Jamshed | Blog |Twitter | Linkedin

Sunday, November 27, 2016 3:46 AM