Multitasking Issues? RRS feed

• Question

• I installed 2 windows updates last night, one optional one important. Now it seems when I have mIRC 6.35 with NoNameScript 4.22 open and try to click firefox in my taskbar, Firefox will no longer pop up. I have to click the NNScript icon in the taskbar to minimize to be able to switch to Firefox. Is any one else having similar problems since the last updates? KB2607576 and KB2603229 are the updates I am referring to.
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 10:02 PM

Answers

• Hey Leo, thanks for your reply. Unfortunatley, it looks like I wasted your time as I forgot to update my post here.

I ended up uninstalling mIRC and NNS. Rebooted, Reinstalled, and everything is back to normal. I will keep your advice in mind for the future though.

Thanks again!

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Friday, October 28, 2011 8:48 AM
    Friday, October 28, 2011 8:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please logon with Clean Boot to see if the same issue occurs.

Also reset jump list with these steps:

1)    Click “Start”

2)    Open a command prompt

3)    Input these two commands

del /F /Q %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations\*

del /F /Q %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations\*

4)    Reboot PC

If the issue persists, KB2607576: A Jump List that contains more than 999 items is not displayed in Windows 7

This KB may cause your issue. Please try to remove it and check the result.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, October 28, 2011 8:40 AM
  • Hey Leo, thanks for your reply. Unfortunatley, it looks like I wasted your time as I forgot to update my post here.

I ended up uninstalling mIRC and NNS. Rebooted, Reinstalled, and everything is back to normal. I will keep your advice in mind for the future though.

Thanks again!

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Friday, October 28, 2011 8:48 AM
    Friday, October 28, 2011 8:47 AM
  • I’m glad to hear your problem has been resolved.

Have a nice weekend.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, October 28, 2011 8:48 AM
  • I ran into a very similar problem.  I was able to determine that KB2607576 was in fact my problem.  After it installs, the computer reboots,  I login and the screen is black with a small window in the upper left corner saying "Windows update desktop" ...actually more than that but don't remember it all. 

I went into Safe Mode and rolled back before the updates and ran all but KB2607576.  What is up with this update?  This issue came up on my HP laptop today, 11/8.  Win7 64bitHP.

I checked my desktop and see this update was completed back on 11/3 with no issue.  Win7 64bitPro

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 12:49 AM
  • Could use help still.  Now 2/17/2012 and no resolution to this problem.  I'm assuming it's important to install and I keep getting reminded to install.

Anyone?  As of 2/14/2012 more updates are causing similar problems. Not sure which one it is out of the bunch.

Friday, February 17, 2012 8:54 PM