none
FIM 2010 R2 -- No Portal -- MA EXtension for Joins RRS feed

• Question

• hello everyone,

i have a small question i hope you can help me with,

i have my FIM 2010 installation, i'm only using the sync engine so no portal here involved,

i've written a big chunk of code to deal with the provisioning and most importantly the joins i need to do.

basically i'm projecting from an AD LDS to an Echange 2010 so the provisioning happens through remote powershell and the user is created during the synchronisation and not the export step.

then i have to import back and resynch to link the objects in the MV through a join rule.

however the join that is supposed to link the exchange created object to the one in the MV is not happening, 

by following the code i see that the join rule is applying but that the code is going into the provisioning rule anyway and trying to reprovision the object ...

any ideas on the reason ? i can paste the part of the code that interrests you if this helps 

thanks !

Hitch Bardawil

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 11:05 AM

Answers

• Sure provisioning is called on every object affected by a sync, on delta objects and all objects depends on sync profile. It's necessary for example renaming.

Normally nothing will happen because you only provision on connectorCount =0

Regards
    Peter

Peter Stapf - Doeres AG - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by HitchB52 Tuesday, January 14, 2014 1:49 PM
    Thursday, October 10, 2013 6:37 PM

All replies

• Hello,

code parts are always helpful, and can you do a preview so that we can check what goes wrong on joining ?

Regards
    Peter

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 11:54 AM
  • Hello Peter and thanks for your answer, 

it finally worked out i have a code error i was able to find by tracing the code...

i still was wondering though about something, when you do a synchronization, and the join succeeds

does it still go into the MVextension provisioning code ?

thanks !

Hitch Bardawil

Thursday, October 10, 2013 4:32 PM
  • Sure provisioning is called on every object affected by a sync, on delta objects and all objects depends on sync profile. It's necessary for example renaming.

Normally nothing will happen because you only provision on connectorCount =0

Regards
    Peter

• Marked as answer by HitchB52 Tuesday, January 14, 2014 1:49 PM
    Thursday, October 10, 2013 6:37 PM