Insider Hub RRS feed

• Question

• This morning I received a news broadcast email from Gabe Aul in which he mentioned an app called Insider Hub. Having searched high and low thoughout the (Enterprise) OS I am unable to find this app. Is anybody able to assist?
    Thursday, December 11, 2014 11:53 PM

Answers

• Thank you David for your prompt reply. On thinking back on it I am reasonably sure that this may be because I unwittingly uninstalled it. I simply have neither time nor use for the majority of these apps and got rid of most of them after installing the OS. Including Insider Hub, not realising what it was. Any suggestions as to how I can bring this app back to life, short of rebuilding my PC would be appreciated.

Try going to the Store app, click on Account > My Apps and see if its listed there as uninstalled. If it is, click on the app and then install.

Jerry

• Proposed as answer by Noel Carboni Saturday, December 13, 2014 7:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Maverick50 Sunday, December 14, 2014 5:48 AM
    Saturday, December 13, 2014 5:43 PM
  • You didn't read his letter in detail.It is to be found in the Apps window.

Go to Start Screen . it is under letter I

Friday, December 12, 2014 12:10 AM
  • Heh, people cried for the Start menu back, and some still don't use it...

I pressed the Start button, typed insid and just hit Enter...  Voila...

-Noel

Detailed how-to in my eBooks:  

Configure The Windows 7 "To Work" Options
    Configure The Windows 8 "To Work" Options

Friday, December 12, 2014 12:32 AM
  • Thank you David for your prompt reply. On thinking back on it I am reasonably sure that this may be because I unwittingly uninstalled it. I simply have neither time nor use for the majority of these apps and got rid of most of them after installing the OS. Including Insider Hub, not realising what it was. Any suggestions as to how I can bring this app back to life, short of rebuilding my PC would be appreciated.

-Noel

Speak for yourself.

I am not one of those "people".

Friday, December 12, 2014 12:38 AM
  • System Restore is still around...  What I don't know is whether App deletions would be recovered by that.

A Refresh operation might be needed, to restore the system to the full might and majesty :) delivered by Microsoft.  Not sure you want to go that far but I've seen one other person have to do that to get back the Feedback App that they had deleted...

Good luck.

-Noel

I have no good answer for your except reinstall 9879 Enterprise.

Sorry.

Friday, December 12, 2014 12:40 AM
  • Looks like I am going to have to stick a DVD in the drive and rebuild my PC to get this app back.....sigh. Never mind, it is easy enough to do. Just tedious and time consuming.

To everybody who replied, thank you for your input and suggestions. It is much appreciated.

Friday, December 12, 2014 12:49 AM
  • Hi Jerry. Thank you for your reply. It is just a pity it didn't come sooner as I have just finished rebuilding my PC from scratch. Still, from your reply I learned something in the process as I found all the apps I have uninstalled so I now know how to resurrect if and when needed. Thank you again.
    • Proposed as answer by Maverick 50 Saturday, December 13, 2014 7:25 PM
    Saturday, December 13, 2014 6:59 PM
  • This morning I received a news broadcast email from Gabe Aul in which he mentioned an app called Insider Hub. Having searched high and low thoughout the (Enterprise) OS I am unable to find this app. Is anybody able to assist?

Please see: The Insider Hub App for Windows 10 TP

Carey Frisch

Saturday, December 13, 2014 11:36 PM
  • Thank you everybody but I am very confident of having found the answer to my question. After having completely rebuilt my PC following some earlier suggestions I received a post from jwitalka (see above) which, had a I received it sooner, would have spared me the tedium of rebuilding my workstation.

As I am not a person who spends a lot of time in forums and blogs I am still learning a few things about what to do in forums. One of those being how to close this conversation.

After marking a reply as being 'Proposed as an answer' I received an automatically generated email which said: If it answers your question, mark it as the answer!

OK. But where do I do so? I have looked and looked but I cannot see where to click on something that says 'Mark as an answer' or something to that effect. I am beginning to question my eye sight and my sanity. 

Sunday, December 14, 2014 12:16 AM
  • On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 00:16:22 +0000, Peter Duynstee wrote:

After marking a reply as being 'Proposed as an answer' I received an automatically generated email which said:If it answers your question, mark it as the answer!

OK. But where do I do so? I have looked and looked but I cannot see where to click on something that says 'Mark as an answer' or something to that effect. I am beginning to question my eye sight and my sanity.

Only the originator of a thread or a moderator can mark a post as an
    answer. Don't worry about it.

If you are also Maverick50 you'll need to logon with that account to mark the thread as answered.

Paul Adare - FIM CM MVP
    void russian_roulette(void) { char *target; strcpy(target, "bullet"); }
    -- Simon Cozens or Thorfinn

• Edited by Paul Adare Sunday, December 14, 2014 12:27 AM
    Sunday, December 14, 2014 12:25 AM
  • I do worry about it as I am indeed the originator of this post, I am logged in as myself and that is why not being able to mark this post as being resolved is driving me nuts.
    Sunday, December 14, 2014 12:36 AM
  • I do worry about it as I am indeed the originator of this post, I am logged in as myself and that is why not being able to mark this post as being resolved is driving me nuts.

You missed the point Paul made.

He said : If you are also Maverick50 you'll need to logon with that account to mark the thread as answered

You signed in as Peter, not Maverick.

Sunday, December 14, 2014 1:08 AM
  • On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 00:36:58 +0000, Peter Duynstee wrote:

I do worry about it as I am indeed the originator of this post, I am logged in as myself and that is why not being able to mark this post as being resolved is driving me nuts.

A thread can be marked as answered, not an individual post.

Paul Adare - FIM CM MVP
    An Emacs reference mug is what I want. It would hold ten gallons
    of coffee. -- Steve VanDevender

• Marked as answer by Maverick50 Sunday, December 14, 2014 5:47 AM
    Sunday, December 14, 2014 1:12 AM

I do worry about it as I am indeed the originator of this post, I am logged in as myself and that is why not being able to mark this post as being resolved is driving me nuts.

Paul Adare - FIM CM MVP

Off topic comment :

I have seen a few OPs marking own replies as Answers.

So, someone posted an original "question", came back and posted own solution to his/her own question, AND proceeded to mark the reply as Answer.

Now this example came from a member of over 10,000 points, not from a new novice member.

I made a" report " but no action taken.

Personal opinion only...... I don't think OPs can be allowed to mark own replies as Answers.

Thank you.

Sunday, December 14, 2014 1:27 AM

All replies

• You didn't read his letter in detail.It is to be found in the Apps window.

Go to Start Screen . it is under letter I

Friday, December 12, 2014 12:10 AM

-Noel

-Noel

Speak for yourself.

I am not one of those "people".

• System Restore is still around...  What I don't know is whether App deletions would be recovered by that.

A Refresh operation might be needed, to restore the system to the full might and majesty :) delivered by Microsoft.  Not sure you want to go that far but I've seen one other person have to do that to get back the Feedback App that they had deleted...

Good luck.

-Noel

I have no good answer for your except reinstall 9879 Enterprise.

Sorry.

Friday, December 12, 2014 12:40 AM
  • Looks like I am going to have to stick a DVD in the drive and rebuild my PC to get this app back.....sigh. Never mind, it is easy enough to do. Just tedious and time consuming.

To everybody who replied, thank you for your input and suggestions. It is much appreciated.

Friday, December 12, 2014 12:49 AM

Try going to the Store app, click on Account > My Apps and see if its listed there as uninstalled. If it is, click on the app and then install.

Jerry

• Proposed as answer by Noel Carboni Saturday, December 13, 2014 7:16 PM
    Saturday, December 13, 2014 5:43 PM
  • Hi Jerry. Thank you for your reply. It is just a pity it didn't come sooner as I have just finished rebuilding my PC from scratch. Still, from your reply I learned something in the process as I found all the apps I have uninstalled so I now know how to resurrect if and when needed. Thank you again.
    • Proposed as answer by Maverick 50 Saturday, December 13, 2014 7:25 PM
    Saturday, December 13, 2014 6:59 PM

Please see: The Insider Hub App for Windows 10 TP

Carey Frisch

Saturday, December 13, 2014 11:36 PM
  • Thank you everybody but I am very confident of having found the answer to my question. After having completely rebuilt my PC following some earlier suggestions I received a post from jwitalka (see above) which, had a I received it sooner, would have spared me the tedium of rebuilding my workstation.

As I am not a person who spends a lot of time in forums and blogs I am still learning a few things about what to do in forums. One of those being how to close this conversation.

After marking a reply as being 'Proposed as an answer' I received an automatically generated email which said: If it answers your question, mark it as the answer!

Sunday, December 14, 2014 12:16 AM
  • On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 00:16:22 +0000, Peter Duynstee wrote:

After marking a reply as being 'Proposed as an answer' I received an automatically generated email which said:If it answers your question, mark it as the answer!

Only the originator of a thread or a moderator can mark a post as an
    answer. Don't worry about it.

If you are also Maverick50 you'll need to logon with that account to mark the thread as answered.

Paul Adare - FIM CM MVP
    void russian_roulette(void) { char *target; strcpy(target, "bullet"); }
    -- Simon Cozens or Thorfinn

• Edited by Paul Adare Sunday, December 14, 2014 12:27 AM
    Sunday, December 14, 2014 12:25 AM
    Sunday, December 14, 2014 12:36 AM

You missed the point Paul made.

He said : If you are also Maverick50 you'll need to logon with that account to mark the thread as answered

You signed in as Peter, not Maverick.

Sunday, December 14, 2014 1:08 AM

Paul Adare - FIM CM MVP

• Marked as answer by Maverick50 Sunday, December 14, 2014 5:47 AM
    Sunday, December 14, 2014 1:12 AM

Paul Adare - FIM CM MVP

Off topic comment :

I have seen a few OPs marking own replies as Answers.

So, someone posted an original "question", came back and posted own solution to his/her own question, AND proceeded to mark the reply as Answer.

Now this example came from a member of over 10,000 points, not from a new novice member.

I made a" report " but no action taken.

Personal opinion only...... I don't think OPs can be allowed to mark own replies as Answers.

Thank you.

Sunday, December 14, 2014 1:27 AM
  • On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 01:27:46 +0000, david hk129 wrote:

I don't think OPs can be allowed to mark own replies as Answers.

If they manage to solve the problem on their own and respond back with the
    solution, I don't see a problem with this.

Paul Adare - FIM CM MVP
    "I can't see any data coming out of this Tolkien Ring card."
    "Well of course not, it confers invisibility." -- Anthony de Boer

Sunday, December 14, 2014 7:19 AM
  • I have seen a few OPs marking own replies as Answers.

Now this example came from a member of over 10,000 points, not from a new novice member

If you see someone who's been here for years doing something, maybe you should think first "perhaps they understand how things work" vs. "they're doing something wrong".

-Noel

Sunday, December 14, 2014 11:44 AM
  • I have seen a few OPs marking own replies as Answers.

Now this example came from a member of over 10,000 points, not from a new novice member

If you see someone who's been here for years doing something, maybe you should think first "perhaps they understand how things work" vs. "they're doing something wrong".

-Noel

You don't get it, don't you. Let me "spit it out ".......

I want to improve my standing by accumulating points faster.

So, I posted a question which I already knew the answer.

I waited a bit, came back and posted the answer.

I marked it as Answer.

I get points.

Perhaps, "they understand how things work" and use it to their advantage ?

Perhaps, I think "they're doing something wrong" because this trickery has been known and exposed ?

Perhaps, you never thought of it ?

Sunday, December 14, 2014 1:40 PM
  • On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 13:40:45 +0000, david hk129 wrote:

I marked it as Answer.

I get points.

By and large, those people get caught, and besides which, who really cares?
    The points really don't do anything other than ego stroking. Frankly, I
    couldn't care less about points and the only reason I'd suggest that
    someone mark my post as an "answer" would be to help someone who comes
    along later with the same problem. Even with that, I don't bother asking
    people to mark my posts as answers.

Paul Adare - FIM CM MVP
    Freedom means being able to say 2+2=4. -- 1984, George Orwell

Sunday, December 14, 2014 2:03 PM
  • You don't get it, don't you. Let me "spit it out ".......

I marked it as Answer.

I get points.

Did you now?  Last I looked - and I don't mark my own posts as the answer much if at all - I thought you couldn't actually indirectly award yourself points that way.  I know you can't vote your own posts up. 

Edit:  And Paul makes a good point - I'll bet most who have done this a while don't care much about the points.  There are deeper reasons for enjoying helping folks and communicating on a forum.

-Noel

Sunday, December 14, 2014 2:09 PM
  • I don't even "propose" my replies as answers, let alone marking my own as answer.

I leave that to the OPs and Mods to decide.

I posted this off topic remark because some do look at points as important, maybe even the reason why they post replies. That is why this "under-handed" practice invented.

I have seen people complained to the mods ( in another forums ) because someone with the similar reply got marked and his did not.

This off topic discussion had gone long enough. Totally irrelevant to the OP's question.

I shall stop now.

Sunday, December 14, 2014 2:27 PM