Import Contacts from Old Outlook 2007 Profile to New Outlook Profile RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys.

I had problems with exchange mails not being forwarded to user accounts on the Machines. My clients are using Windows XP SP3 with Office 2007.

We created new mail profiles for the users and the mail started coming in again, njo problems. Now, They aren't able to see their personal Contacts list From the old Email Profile.

How can I import just the contacts list from the old Profile into the new profile?

Regards

Sean Venter - Mini Tech IT
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 10:05 AM

All replies

• Can you please describe your scenario.  Are the computers on an AD domain running Exchange?

Have you tried temporarily changing the default Mail profile back to the old one, and then exporting the contacts to csv?

Thursday, June 23, 2011 10:13 AM
  • They are on an AD domain running Exchange.

I was hoping that there would be an easier, less strenuous solution than swopping profiles. My clients are very Technologically challanged and I can't get to each machine as some of them are sitting in other cities about 200KM's away.

So I have to explain telephonically on how to do this.

The setup is as such:

Server runs Server 2008 R2 64 Bit Running AD.
    Exchange is installed in the same Server. Exchange is Exchange 2010 Std Edition
    Some users are using Windows 7 and others are running Windows XP SP3
    All users are using Office 2007.

Hope this extra informaton helps

Sean Venter - Mini Tech IT
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 10:22 AM
  • I hear you there.  I manage an SBS network remotely, and some profile-specific things just have to be done one by one, I've found.  I just email all users to send me their passwords, then log on remotely as each one and do the necessary.  This saves physically having to access the pc's, and you can do it after-hours, so as not to interrupt the users.
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 8:35 PM