none
DR Site Database Content Indexing Failed

Question

• Hi team,

I'm having the below error message on my event log. At the same time, when i run the Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus command, the Status is in healthy state, but the ContentIndexing status is Failed. I have 10 databases and the above case is for all databases.

In addition, the following is also show;

MSExchangeFastSearch Event ID 1009

The indexing of mailbox database XXX-DB02 encountered an unexpected exception. Error details: Microsoft.Exchange.Search.Core.Abstraction.OperationFailedException: The component operation has failed. ---> Microsoft.Exchange.Search.Core.Abstraction.OperationFailedException: Failed to read notifications, MDB: 7d5e3487-8ce6-4945-a0cd-63a1bf44b3e8. ---> Microsoft.Mapi.MapiExceptionNetworkError: MapiExceptionNetworkError: Unable to read the last event. (hr=0x80040115, ec=-2147221227)
    Diagnostic context:
        Lid: 55272  
        Lid: 34792   StoreEc: 0x6BE     
        Lid: 51176   StoreEc: 0x80040115
        Lid: 40680   StoreEc: 0x80040115
        Lid: 43980  
        Lid: 16354   StoreEc: 0x80040115
        Lid: 38985   StoreEc: 0x80040115
        Lid: 20098  
        Lid: 20585   StoreEc: 0x80040115
       at Microsoft.Mapi.MapiExceptionHelper.InternalThrowIfErrorOrWarning(String message, Int32 hresult, Boolean allowWarnings, Int32 ec, DiagnosticContext diagCtx, Exception innerException)
       at Microsoft.Mapi.MapiExceptionHelper.ThrowIfError(String message, Int32 hresult, IExInterface iUnknown, Exception innerException)
       at Microsoft.Mapi.MapiEventManager.ReadLastEvent(Boolean includeSid)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Search.Mdb.MapiUtil.<>c__DisplayClass1`1.<TranslateMapiExceptionsWithReturnValue>b__0()
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Search.Mdb.MapiUtil.TranslateMapiExceptions(IDiagnosticsSession tracer, LocalizedString errorString, Action mapiCall)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Search.Mdb.MapiUtil.TranslateMapiExceptions(IDiagnosticsSession tracer, LocalizedString errorString, Action mapiCall)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Search.Mdb.MapiUtil.TranslateMapiExceptionsWithReturnValue[TReturnValue](IDiagnosticsSession tracer, LocalizedString errorString, Func`1 mapiCall)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Search.Mdb.NotificationsEventSource.ReadLastEvent()
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Search.Mdb.NotificationsEventSource.GetNetworkLatency(Int32 samples)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Search.Engine.SearchFeedingController.CalculateNumberOfFeederSessions()
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Search.Engine.SearchFeedingController.InitializeFastFeederAndWatermarkStorage()
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Search.Engine.SearchFeedingController.InternalExecutionStart()
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Search.Core.Common.Executable.InternalExecutionStart(Object state)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Search.Core.Common.Executable.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Search.Engine.SearchRootController.ExecuteComplete(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

In addition, I'm seeing this;

Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus -Server servername| fl identity, ContentIndexErrorMessage

ContentIndexErrorMessage : MAPI network error occurred for the database.

Erorr ID 2136 MSExchangeRepl

Unable to communicate with the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service to coordinate log truncation for database 'DB10\DRSERVER' due to an RPC communication failure. Error: 3355379671
    Extended error: Failed to open a log truncation context to source server 'hoserver.domain.com'. Hresult: 0xc7ff07d7. Error: Failed to open a log truncation context because the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is not running.

Exchange Environment

Head Office - 2 Std (Version 15.0 ‎Build 1236.3)‎
    DR Site - 1 Std (Version 15.0 ‎Build 1236.3)

Can you please guide me.

Thank you.

Regards,

Jude

Friday, April 27, 2018 9:37 AM

Answers

• Content indexing requires the DR server to be able to access the mounted copy of the database.  Do you have any firewall restrictions limiting that and do you have enough available bandwidth?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Saturday, April 28, 2018 12:19 AM

All replies

• Content indexing requires the DR server to be able to access the mounted copy of the database.  Do you have any firewall restrictions limiting that and do you have enough available bandwidth?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Saturday, April 28, 2018 12:19 AM
  • Thank you Ed,

Seems like a firewall issue. Although the firewalls were open, I found that rpc querying wouldn't work. The firewall seemed to have sunrpc filtering enabled and we are currently working on that. 

I'll update with the status once we finish the testing.

Cheers,
    Jude.

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 12:41 PM