devices and printer RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to prevent users from deleting printers.  I set the domain GPO  to PREVENT USERS FROM DELETING PRINTERS.  But I have to give them access to devices and printers in windows 7 which will allow them to remove a printer and uninstall a program.  How do I block
    Monday, November 21, 2011 2:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Please try to install the following hotfix:

A user who has administrator permission can delete printers on a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 after you deploy the "Prevent deletion of printers" Group Policy

Alex Zhao

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, November 28, 2011 1:48 AM
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 6:28 AM
  • Hi,

I am just writing to check the status of this thread. Was the information provided in previous reply helpful to you? Do you have any further questions or concerns? Please feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, November 25, 2011 3:35 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios. If the issue still persists, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

BTW, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts.

Regards,

Alex Zhao

Monday, November 28, 2011 1:48 AM