none
Disable Outlook Signatures

Question

• I started using a 3rd party program to streamline our email signatures. A number of our users already have a signature setup in Outlook and I don't want them to double up. Is there a way to disable Outlook signatures via GPO? This would be on a SBS 2011 box. Thanks.
    Monday, October 31, 2016 6:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

First, you should download Office Administrative Template files from the following links:

Office 2007

Office 2010

Office 2013

Office 2016

And for the detail steps to configure in the group policy, you can refer to the following article:

How to prevent Outlook from adding signatures

http://www.codetwo.com/kb/how-to-disable-adding-signatures-created-in-outlook-for-exchange-users/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 6:35 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 9, 2016 9:19 AM
  • Yes, thanks Alvin. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to work. I ended up just deleting the signature file from the user's folder on each PC. It was kind of a pain but it worked. Thanks.
    Wednesday, November 9, 2016 1:24 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for sharing your current progress.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Thursday, November 10, 2016 2:10 AM