Vista repair disc wont boot after winload exe error. Really stuck RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

After a virus I got winload.exe errors and could not boot vista.

I have downloaded a bootable recovery disc but the system doesn't see it, even though selected in bios. It s a though its not seeing the dvd drive.

Caught in an endless loop of winload errors but unable to get a command prompt or repair because the disc doesnt load. I have tried 3 different disks

any ideas

thanks

Thursday, December 16, 2010 3:03 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This error occurs when the BIOS settings are incorrect. The BIOS does not detect the system drive when booting. Therefore, the error occurs.

Would you please entering the BIOS configuration window and check if there is a option which can make the BIOS auto-detect all drives. If there is, please enable it and restart the computer to check the issue again.

Based on my experience, change the jumper settings in the Vista hard drive to make it as the ‘Primary Master’.

If the issue persists, please modify the boot sequence to check the issue again. Please make DVD-ROM as the first boot drive and the hard drive which we installed Windows Vista as the second drive.

Note: Please understand that improper modification on the BIOS may prevent the computer from booting up properly; BIOS issues should be supported by the motherboard manufacturer because the BIOSes on different motherboards may have different modification interfaces. It's always my pleasure to help you but I do not want to give you some unclear instructions. Please refer to your motherboard manual about how to perform the related operations. You also can contact your computer vendor for further information.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by highjon Saturday, December 18, 2010 1:11 PM
    Friday, December 17, 2010 11:29 AM