MOM 2007 agent compatible with Forefront Client Security agent RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone;

I'm looking for some info on MoM 2007 agent and the FCS agent compatible.  I'm deploying FCS into my environment and I have Senior Management looking at upgrading MOM 2005 to SCOM 2007.  They looking to make sure that we can one MoM agent that will with SCOM and with FCSMC or do have two separate agents install?  If one can help or point me to backup info to present to management.

Thanks,

S.L.B.

Friday, April 18, 2008 8:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In this release of FCS, this is not possible. FCS uses MOM2005, and it's agents. You cannot currently use a SCOM2007 agent for FCS.

The good news is that MOM 2005 & SCOM2007 agents happily co-exist on the same machine, so there is no issue in using both products. Equally if you did stay with MOM2005, FCS can still work as the MOM2005 agents can be dual-homed to talk to your existing MOM environment & your FCS MOM.

In the next release of FCS which is now in public beta, there is a move to SCOM 2007, but the release is a way off yet...

Hope this helps

Thanks
    Sunday, April 20, 2008 8:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In this release of FCS, this is not possible. FCS uses MOM2005, and it's agents. You cannot currently use a SCOM2007 agent for FCS.

The good news is that MOM 2005 & SCOM2007 agents happily co-exist on the same machine, so there is no issue in using both products. Equally if you did stay with MOM2005, FCS can still work as the MOM2005 agents can be dual-homed to talk to your existing MOM environment & your FCS MOM.

In the next release of FCS which is now in public beta, there is a move to SCOM 2007, but the release is a way off yet...

Hope this helps

Thanks
    Sunday, April 20, 2008 8:08 AM
  • Thanks this helps.

S.L.B.

Monday, April 21, 2008 1:59 PM
  • Hi SLB,

We have this environment currently setup and I can confirm that Chris is correct. We ended up using MOM 2005 clients strictly for FCS collections and SCOM 2007 for monitoring of other critical appliances. Luckily, both clients are relatively light and do not take up much resources working concurrently.

Juan Carbonell - MCSE: Security, MCTS: SCOM 2007, Security+
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 1:31 PM