USB Mass Storage Driver not Found ( vista Business) RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi
    My os is Vista Business , I bought a usb mass storage (2G,Transcend company,TS2GJFV90C) when I pluged this device Vista Said that "Driver not Found",this Device have a lable that Works with Vista!!
    What can i do?
    Saturday, November 17, 2007 3:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Ponga,

Microsoft have kindly provided me with a hotfix which has fixed this problem.

Email me at <email address deleted> and I'll forward it to you.

Best regards,

Tim Evans

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 7:55 PM

All replies

• I concur: I have had the same problem when using customers' USB flash drives. I am now getting the same problem when I connect my Olympus 410D camera via USB

There are NO drivers for this from Olympus, it is supposed to just plug in and be visible. Olympus only provide drivers for Windows 98 on their site.

What's the story Microsoft? Is this a Vista Business problem? (I'm not supposed to be uploaded pictures from my camera for business? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm)

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 5:05 AM
  • Funny thing is

When I plug in the usb device and restart Vista (im running vista ultimate) it sees the usb device no problems. But its not plug n play.

Recently did all the Vista updates I could find and my USB 3G Huwei e220 modem is now plug and play, as for my memory stick i have to boot the pc  with it plugged in

Funny enough the Kingston memory sticks works perfectly! I read its a problem with the Silicone Corp USB chipsets that are not compatible with Vista

Friday, November 30, 2007 2:26 PM
  • Hi Ponga,

Microsoft have kindly provided me with a hotfix which has fixed this problem.

Email me at <email address deleted> and I'll forward it to you.

Best regards,

Tim Evans

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 7:55 PM
  • Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much for your overwhelming number of requests for the hotfix.

The hotfix does indeed fix this issue, however, I’m afraid I cannot forward the hotfix to anyone anymore since the hotfix file is password protected and the password is valid for seven days only; this has long since passed.

May I suggest you all use Windows Update which is how Microsoft sent me the update in the first place.

Please do not email me requesting the hotfix as I cannot forward it anymore.

Best regards and good luck all!

Tim Evans

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 8:15 AM
  •  

Hello , I have Acer aspire 5610, windows X, I bought 3g usb internet modem , but its doesnt work.. Would you please help me to sor out the problem?  Look forward t hear you...

Deniz

denizyasar77@gmail.com

Monday, January 21, 2008 6:26 PM