Customizing WinPE image created by MDT RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

New user here looking to move a custom scripted deployment to MDT.  I have the connection to the deployment share working, but I'm noticing that I have to ping around a bit in the command prompt to get a connection to the drive I'm after.  Is there any way I can run this in the background so that it gathers network data before attempting to connect to my deployment share?  I know how to add it manually, but ideally this would be integrated into updating the deployment share boots.  Thanks.

Ryan

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:11 PM

Answers

• Hi Ryan,

Not to sound patronizing, but where does this problem originate from, is it an MDT issue? I think not, but why would you want to solve it with MDT then?

Check your DHCP and DNS settings, perhaps something is not configured correctly there.

Alternatively, you can deploy a machine and configure network settings upfront, this can be done in the bootstrap.ini and customsettings.ini

See this blog for more information: MDT 2012: Automating Network Interface Configuration

Lastly it is perfectly to modify the boot image, see this link for more info:

MDT 2010 New Feature #17: Customizable boot image process

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

• Marked as answer by MrBrooks Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:24 PM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Ryan,

Not to sound patronizing, but where does this problem originate from, is it an MDT issue? I think not, but why would you want to solve it with MDT then?

Check your DHCP and DNS settings, perhaps something is not configured correctly there.

Alternatively, you can deploy a machine and configure network settings upfront, this can be done in the bootstrap.ini and customsettings.ini

See this blog for more information: MDT 2012: Automating Network Interface Configuration

Lastly it is perfectly to modify the boot image, see this link for more info:

MDT 2010 New Feature #17: Customizable boot image process

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

• Marked as answer by MrBrooks Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:24 PM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:02 PM
  • Thanks Rens, I actually managed to repath it to something it could solve.  It wasn't liking the UNC I was using so I tried a different way of getting there and it worked without issue.  I was confused what it was stuck on, the connection was clearly there, it was like it had to ping the domain short name for it to realize it existed.  Either way thank you for the link, I've just started using MDT and it's making my life alot easier.
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:23 PM