Activating Windows 10 with Server KMS 2008 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• We have a Server 2008 R2 that activates many clients (windows os, office, and server os). But now we would like to acitvate windows 10 kms, but the server returns an error (errorcode: 0xc004f015). The available hotfix (kb3079821) is already installed. Can anybody help?
    Friday, October 30, 2015 1:10 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

Which KMS key are you using?

According to your description, I suppose you need a KMS key of Windows Srv 2012 DataCtr/Std KMS for Windows 10.

Logon to the MSFT VLSC Website:

https://www.microsoft.com/Licensing/servicecenter/default.aspx

Click Relationship Summary>pick your Active Licensing ID>Product Keys - scroll down to find: Windows Srv 2012R2 DataCtr/Std KMS for Windows 10.

Best Regards,

Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 2, 2015 6:48 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Which KMS key are you using?

According to your description, I suppose you need a KMS key of Windows Srv 2012 DataCtr/Std KMS for Windows 10.

Logon to the MSFT VLSC Website:

https://www.microsoft.com/Licensing/servicecenter/default.aspx

Click Relationship Summary>pick your Active Licensing ID>Product Keys - scroll down to find: Windows Srv 2012R2 DataCtr/Std KMS for Windows 10.

Best Regards,

Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 2, 2015 6:48 AM
  • Hi Leo

That worked perfectly for me. Thank you very much!

Regards

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 9:04 AM
  • Hi

I'm glad that your issue was solved.

If it is the solution, you could mark it as answer.

It is better for sharing and would help others with the same issue.

Best Regards,

Leo

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 9:16 AM
  • Hi,

I have a slightly different Problem.  The same setup as the original poster, I.E. A Windows SErver 2008 R2 Datacenter KMS Host which currently activates Windows 7 and Office 2010 pro clients. (Probably around 7,000 clients in total)

We've installed the recommended hotfix for Windows 10 activation, successfully installed our "Windows Srv 2012R2 DataCtr/Std KMS for Windows 10" product key.  

I had to quickly remove the key and re-add the old KMS product key as ALL of our Windows 7 clients could no longer activate.  (As this is a live service I had to revert so could not spend too long investigating.  I think I may need to speak to microsoft to confirm that the KMS Product key is valid).

My question is, If I installed the IPK for Windows 10, should I still be able to activate windows 7 clients on the same KMS host server??

Thanks

Jason.

Thanks, Jason.

Monday, November 16, 2015 9:16 AM