none
Removing RDP Sessions Host and Remote Desktop Collection Icons from RDWeb RRS feed

• Question

• I have successfully setup my server, the certificate, and published the Remote Apps.  However, I cannot figure out how to remove the "RDP Sessions Host" and "Remote Desktop Collection" icons from the RDWeb screen.  I don't want these icons there - I just want Word, Excel, Outlook and the accounting application.  These all work just fine.  But I need guidance on removing the other two icons.

Thank you!

Tom Davidson

Sunday, September 28, 2014 3:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Tom,

On the RD Connection Broker server, please look for old collections in the registry:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal Server\CentralPublishedResources\PublishedFarms\<collection>

If there are any collections in the registry that no longer exist in the deployment then you may delete them (always export the key for backup purposes).  After making the changes the extra icons should not show after refreshing the RDWeb page.

Please reply back with your results, whether positive or negative.

Thanks.

-TP

• Marked as answer by Tom D. in KC Sunday, September 28, 2014 5:31 PM
    Sunday, September 28, 2014 4:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Tom,

On the RD Connection Broker server, please look for old collections in the registry:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal Server\CentralPublishedResources\PublishedFarms\<collection>

If there are any collections in the registry that no longer exist in the deployment then you may delete them (always export the key for backup purposes).  After making the changes the extra icons should not show after refreshing the RDWeb page.

Please reply back with your results, whether positive or negative.

Thanks.

-TP

• Marked as answer by Tom D. in KC Sunday, September 28, 2014 5:31 PM
    Sunday, September 28, 2014 4:58 PM
  • That was it.  That was also the location of the redundant shortcuts from a previous collection.  Thank you.

Tom Davidson

Sunday, September 28, 2014 5:32 PM