EWF wont work on POSready 2K9 RRS feed

• Question

• Good day all,

I have a problem:

I have installed POSready on a system with the specs:

X7SB-I Motherboard

E7600 CPU

2 GB of RAM

16SSD - 6GB for OS (C:) and 10GB for Data (D:)

The installation went well. without any problems. I installed the drivers did some Windows Updates for .NET. I updated it till .NEt 4.0.

After that i implented EWF into the installtion. It use it on my both partitions. I have Enabled it on C: and disabled it on D:.

But everytime i boot up the system i get: Found new hardware wizard. With an error: There was a problem installing this hardware - volume. An error occurred during the installation of the device. The specifed service does not exist as an installed service.

The only option i have is click on finish. Then it is away untill i reboot the system. I get this error twice. I think for the C: partition and for the D: partition.

In  Device Manager is see nothing strange. everything is Installed I dont see a "volume". And under Drisk Drives is see my SSD.

Are there people with the same problem like this? Or has someone a solution for this?

I dont have the problem when I use 1 partition.

Friday, September 9, 2011 9:01 AM

Answers

All replies

• POSReady 2009 does not support EWF.  POSReady 7 does support EWF but we have not encountered the issue you are experiencing and will need more details. Please explain how you added EWF to the runtime and if you added any additional packages.

Terry Warwick
    Microsoft

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 3:06 AM
  • In this forum post you see the instructions for enabling EWF in WINXP of POSready 2k9. I didnt added any additional packages. Only the EWF. I can enable or disable it from CommandPompt. To add a second partition i need add some more extra registry keys. And i think the second partition cause some trouble.  

http://www.mp3car.com/winnt-based/37078-using-ewf-on-regular-winxp-21.html
    • Edited by JPF Compting Tuesday, September 13, 2011 7:01 AM
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:58 AM
  • MP3Car.com offers hacks to installed EWF on Windows. EWF can be setup with different overlays. If you don't leave partition space available, you must use RAM-REG overlay.

As Terry pointed out, EWF is not support in POSReady2009. Why not use FBWF?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd458827(v=winembedded.20).aspx

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 4:50 PM
  • POSready 2K9 is a part of Windows XP Embedded so it allowed to install EWF on a POSready 2K9 Install.

But the main reason was that my client want EWF because they have al ready work with it. And you can disable it live. With FBWF you need to reboot the system. 

But we switched to FBWF. But i hoped that some one here has a solution or experienced the same problem.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:24 AM
  • POSReady 2009 does not support EWF, period.  If you want EWF with POSReady you will need to move to POSReady 7 which does support EWF.

Terry Warwick
    Microsoft

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 2:29 PM