none
Laptop freezing in normal mode but in safe mode totally works fine

Question

• Hi guys,

it is my first time to join to this forum. I really need the solution of my laptop Problem. I Have my Gateway EC38 and it has been freezing while I am using in normal mode. But in Safe Mode works well. I tried uninstall my video card driver and also my sound card but nothing works. I also do sfc/scannow in safe mode/safe mode with command prompt, but yet it says I have corrupted file but he doesnt show any file. I check in log file but I dont understand much.

Im always maintaining my laptop hardware status specially ventilation and change every year the cpu thermal gel.

Please help me find solutions to this kind of problem.

My Laptop Details:

Windows 7 64bit

x64 Base processor

factory OS windows Vista

Processor: Intel Centrino 2

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 5:15 PM

Answers

• Hi King Aj1992,

According to your description, I suggest that we could update the motherboard driver to the latest version from manufacturer’s official website.

Because any steps could have risky. For your safety, we could back up the important data firstly. Generally the drivers provided by official website don’t have problem.

If you haven’t a system restore point, also we could try start the Win RE to repair. Please check the link below to follow the steps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/start-the-windows-7-recovery-environment/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, July 1, 2016 8:42 AM

All replies

• Hi King Aj1992,

According to your description, if it runs ok in safe mode then I'd think it would be a driver issue. I believe you can set your computer back. I suggest you can try the following steps to test the issue:
    1.Perform a system restore. Please refer to the link below about the steps.
    http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN85604/EN
    Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.
    2.Test the issue in Clean Boot mode. Please check the link below about the steps.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
    3.If the issue persists in clean boot mode, please update your BIOS and chipset for a test.
    Hope it will be helpful to you.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 6:30 AM
  • Hi Mark,

I'm already done with clean boot, I updated the chipset but I don't think it's the bios. But the step 1 system restore I already deleted all system restore before you reply so it's late now to do that. It happen the freezing stack up when windows is updated all component and I didn't noticed that early, and suspected its the .net framework installed app. For now I'm using again safe mode with networking and it's really working well. Is updating Bios is safe? because in my laptop website has a warning that if I update bios is very risky?.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 9:05 AM
  • Hi Mark,

And I noticed again while Im troubleshooting my laptop, if I'm using baterry(not plugged) it keeps freezing while doing some single task like google chrome only(1 tab active). While if im using plugged in(baterry removed) my laptop goes normal. So maybe my baterry is the problem, its been a years since my baterry(lithium type) is not having full charge its only goes until 91%, battery say's not charging when it reaches 91%. But I already fix this before change battery packs. These problem in my laptop confuses me:(

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 10:11 AM
  • Hi King Aj1992,

According to your description, I suggest that we could update the motherboard driver to the latest version from manufacturer’s official website.

Because any steps could have risky. For your safety, we could back up the important data firstly. Generally the drivers provided by official website don’t have problem.

If you haven’t a system restore point, also we could try start the Win RE to repair. Please check the link below to follow the steps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/start-the-windows-7-recovery-environment/

Hope it will be helpful to you

Friday, July 1, 2016 8:42 AM