FAST ESP 5.3 : Reporting GUI not showing any reports RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

FAST ESP 5.3 installation at my end is not showing any data in reporting section in any of the tabs in attached screenshot. I am curious if I have deleted some logs that might have resulted in this behavior. End users reported that they were able to see data in reporting section last month and nothing has been changed in configuration since then.

Please suggest the path of logs that are used to show data in reporting section.

Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this issue. Are there any other tools that can help me in preparing report of how many searches are performed in a day, week, month ?

Regards,

Ankur

Please mark my answer if it helped you, I would greatly appreciate it.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 4:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Jeremy,

I got the issue. The error was due to missing tags in $FASTSEARCH/components/logtransformer/data/datastore/querylog/crateindex.xml file.

I modified this file, restarted log transformer and reports are coming up fine.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,
    Ankur

• Marked as answer by Rob Va - MSFT Friday, June 13, 2014 7:46 PM
    Thursday, June 5, 2014 10:52 AM

All replies

• We see this in our environment all the time. We have found that it will happen from time to time and you have to stop the Log Transformer process and then the Log Server process. Restart Log Server then Log Transformer for the Log Transformer to start working again. After that you have to execute the transformer manually to have it catch up. You will have to look back in the previous report to see when it stopped reporting.

Steps:

1. Download the logs
      1. %FASTSEARCH%\components\logtransformer\bin\launch.bat downloader
    2. Transform the logs into lql format
      1. %FASTSEARCH%\components\logtransformer\bin\launch.bat logmerger
    3. Process the missing periods, use queryreportgenerator (adjust the start and end times)
      1. Determine the start time by looking at the SBC to see the last reporting time – use day only with 00:00:00 time
      2. End time should be the same day and hour as running the command
      3. %FASTSEARCH%\esp4j\bin\queryreportgenerator -s "2011-01-17 00:00:00" -e "2011-02-16 19:00:00" -D -L  

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 4:35 PM
  • Hi Jeremy,

Thanks a lot for you valuable inputs. I tried the solution you mentioned and no issues when I ran the command 1 to download logs but getitng below issue when i Ran commad 2 to tranform logs in lql format, any clues here :

D:\esp\bin>d:\esp\components\logtransformer\bin\launch.bat logmerger
    [Fatal Error] :12:3: The element type "crateEntries" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</crateEntries>".
    java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
            at org.apache.commons.launcher.ChildMain.run(ChildMain.java:228)
    Caused by: com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.StreamException: The element type "crateEntries" must be terminated by the matchi
    ng end-tag "</crateEntries>".
            at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.DomDriver.createReader(Unknown Source)
            at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(Unknown Source)
            at com.fastsearch.esp.logtransformer.datastore.impl.CrateManager.readCrateIndex(CrateManager.java:575)
            at com.fastsearch.esp.logtransformer.datastore.impl.CrateManager.init(CrateManager.java:501)
            at com.fastsearch.esp.logtransformer.datastore.impl.CrateManager.<init>(CrateManager.java:100)
            at com.fastsearch.esp.logtransformer.datastore.impl.DatastoreImpl.<init>(DatastoreImpl.java:57)
            at com.fastsearch.esp.logtransformer.datastore.meta.MetaDataHelper.getDataStoreForManager(MetaDataHelper.java:10
    6)
            at com.fastsearch.esp.logtransformer.harvest.merge.LogFileMerger.<init>(LogFileMerger.java:145)
            at com.fastsearch.esp.logtransformer.harvest.merge.LogFileMerger.main(LogFileMerger.java:602)
            ... 5 more

D:\esp\bin>

Regards,

Ankur

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 10:47 AM
  • Hi Jeremy,

I got the issue. The error was due to missing tags in $FASTSEARCH/components/logtransformer/data/datastore/querylog/crateindex.xml file.

I modified this file, restarted log transformer and reports are coming up fine.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,
    Ankur

• Marked as answer by Rob Va - MSFT Friday, June 13, 2014 7:46 PM
    Thursday, June 5, 2014 10:52 AM