Adding users to Exchange Server? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Community

There are 3 domains on a network and one of them has Exchange server installed on it and
    all of the users on the network have an email account on the Exchange server.

There is another domain being added that will have Sharepoint MOSS 2007 installed.  Sharepoint also
    uses Exchange Server for its incoming and outgoing emails.

As I install Exchange Server inside Sharepoint in my domain after it is all installed
    as each user access Sharepoint is there a way that their email account username and password
    can be added to the Exchange Server that is installed in Sharepoint MOSS 2007 in my domain.

Thank you
        Shabeaut

Monday, September 26, 2011 10:15 PM

Answers

• Hello,

As I understand your question, you are looking for a way to take profile information currently stored in SharePoint, (e-mail account, username and passwords), and add that information to a new Exchange Server.  SharePoint gets its profile information from Active Directory (AD) and this information is synched up in the SSP Users and Profiles.  If you are building up a new Exchange server, it should also use this same process of getting its profile information from AD, not SharePoint.  There is no function available in SharePoint to export profile information to another application such as Exchange.

As a side note, SharePoint does not store password information.  All passwords are authenticated against AD and the passwords setup in there.

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helps you or click 'Unmark as Answer' if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Regards,
    Nishant Shah
    Microsoft Online Community Support
    • Marked as answer by Shabeaut Thursday, September 29, 2011 3:46 PM
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 11:31 AM