Changing Search Button With Theme RRS feed

• Question

• Helllo,

I have created some themes for MOSS templates. I have used SearchBoxEX control in my site. Now I want to change the image of the SearchBoxEx control with my theme (i.e. when I change my theme the image changes itself). Is it possible?

Currently if i put the image in THEME folder then i have to give image URL as "_themes\golden\image.gif" where Golden is the theme name, this will not work because when I change theme to SILVER this URL will not be valid then.

Any Idea?
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 1:19 PM

Answers

• In your question, “"_themes\golden\image.gif"” is not valid after changing to another theme. I think this is because you use “"_themes\golden\image.gif"” as the image path; you should try to use a relative path like “image.gif”.

I tried to reproduce your issue. But I didn't find the way to change search icon by using customized theme.

However, the search icon is gif and the background color is transparent, you can use other method to achieve the goal.

Firstly, you know how to create a customer theme? If you are not quite sure, please review this article first.

Secondly, read this article, it gives you some very useful page elements and their locations you can redefine with css.

Lastly, Because customized theme is loaded after core.css in browser, you can copy the css style in core.css to your customized theme css file and override them.

-lambert

Friday, June 20, 2008 6:41 AM