Word 2007 slow start with macro RRS feed

• Question

• Goodday,

I will try to explain my situation/problem.

When we start Word 2007 with macro's from the network, it takes about 15sec before Word is fully loaded. 
    With Word 2003 this takes about 2 seconds.

After trying some different options, I noticed that when I create a new folder on the network with the same macro's then Word start in 2 sec.
    But when I use the folder that everybody uses then I takes 15 seconds.

The developer told me that this problem is in Word, and they can't solve this.
    The only solution is to give every user a seperate startup directory, example in the userfolder.

Can this be solved and still use 1 startup folder for everybody on the network??

Kind regards, Martin van der Voort. MCP, CPTS, CPTE, MCITP Server 2008, MCTS Exchange 2007

Thursday, October 17, 2013 9:23 AM

All replies

• Is there any module which calls external data source includes the macro?

Is it created by Word 2003 with different language version?

Does it happen when you save it as .xlsm format?

Besides, please make sure you have fully patched Office 2007, especially Office 2007 service pack 3.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=27838

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Friday, October 18, 2013 2:16 AM
  • Without seeing the code, at least, there is little practical advice anyone can give.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Friday, October 18, 2013 5:42 AM
  • Hello, any update?

Tony Chen

Monday, October 21, 2013 2:13 AM
  • Is there any module which calls external data source includes the macro?

Is it created by Word 2003 with different language version?

Does it happen when you save it as .xlsm format?

Besides, please make sure you have fully patched Office 2007, especially Office 2007 service pack 3.

Thank you for your reply i'm waiting for our developer to answer your questions.

Kind regards, Martin van der Voort. MCP, CPTS, CPTE, MCITP Server 2008, MCTS Exchange 2007

Monday, October 21, 2013 8:16 AM
  • Goodmorning Tony,

Answers from our developer:

-->Is there any module which calls external data source includes the macro?
    If you mean that saving the documents in a Access DB is external source, then yes.
    The templates and the macro's are on the network.

-->Is it created by Word 2003 with different language version?
    The macro's are 2007 compatible.

-->Does it happen when you save it as .xlsm format?
    ?? The macro's have the extension .dotm.

-->Besides, please make sure you have fully patched Office 2007, especially Office 2007 service pack 3.
    Office 2007 is fully patched

The solution now is, give each user a separate folder on the network and everything works fine. But that's a solution that i don't want :)

Our developer said this is a 2007 issue, newer versions don't have this problem.

But I hope that there is a solution.

Monday, October 21, 2013 9:23 AM
  • Well, since the problem doesn't happen in new version of Office, now the question is how to solve slow performance issue for Word 2007 only, right?

As macropod said, there is no coding for testing and we are lack of ability to do more things:(

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 12:58 PM
  • Well, since the problem doesn't happen in new version of Office, now the question is how to solve slow performance issue for Word 2007 only, right?

As macropod said, there is no coding for testing and we are lack of ability to do more things:(

yes, that's rights :)

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 1:21 PM