MS Word share options redirects to OneDrive instead of the normal share I used to see RRS feed

• Question

• The below image is what I am used to when sharing a MS Word and I send a link to other users. All of a sudden, the Share view has changed which you will see on the second image. How can I keep the normal share view in MS Word is my question? 

normal share

I don't want this view as I have to attach a file via email instead of sending a link. 

Hope you can provide answer to this. 

• Edited by 0915Phil Thursday, October 19, 2017 12:19 AM correct grammar
    Thursday, October 19, 2017 12:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your screenshot, the second screenshot seems that you're try to share the file to other people and Word want you to save the file to cloud location first.

Where do you open the file? How do you share the file, via File-Share or select Share in the top-right corner of the ribbon?

Please provide the version number of Word you're using, please go to File- Account.

Please provide more information about your problem and I'm glad to help you.

Regards,
    Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 19, 2017 6:38 AM
  • Hi Emi,

We are opening the file via network shared folders. There is no OneDrive folder in the File Explorer Folders. It's the same thing if we open a file in the local desktop. We are running:

Word 16.0.8201.2200 32 Bit

0915Phil

• Edited by 0915Phil Friday, October 20, 2017 1:54 AM
    Friday, October 20, 2017 1:49 AM
  • Hi Emi,

Do you have an idea on this situation?

Thanks,

0918Phil

Monday, October 23, 2017 9:16 PM
  • Hi,

I check the same version number of Word in my environment and I don't have your problem.

Please check Excel and other Office applications in your environment.

I suggest you try to repair Office application and check the result.

About how to repair Office:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair-an-Office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b

Regards,
    Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 9:55 AM
  • We are running Office in a terminal server and the version for some pc's affected are 16.0.8431.2046. Does it matter too if we are using Windows Server 2012?
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 1:01 AM
  • Hi Emi,

It didn't work. It is still asking to upload the file to OneDrive. The temporary fix I had is to run MS Word in safe mode but issue arises the next day.

Thanks

0915 Phil

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 1:33 AM
  • Hi Emi,

Any update on this?

Thanks!

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 12:41 AM
  • Hi, did you hear anything back from this? 

We have a user on the latest version of Office 2016, locally, and when sharing a file from the network drive, we get the same pop-up AND it keeps crashing. 

Cheers

Monday, November 13, 2017 5:25 PM