none
How to integrate with Mainframe model "Vax VMS 7.1”? RRS feed

• Question

• I am just wondering if there is any possibilities to integrate with MainFrame model  VAX VMS 7.1 using HIS.

Knowing that This MainFrame using Serial Port not TCP/IP

What is the recommended solution?

Thanks in Advance!!

Monday, February 21, 2011 2:57 PM

Answers

• Host Integration Server doesn't offer any integration capabilities for a VAX VMS system. Maybe others can provide some alternate solutions.

What ype of data or applications are you trying to integrate with on the VMS system.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Charles Ezzell Tuesday, February 22, 2011 8:57 PM
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 2:46 PM

All replies

• Host Integration Server doesn't offer any integration capabilities for a VAX VMS system. Maybe others can provide some alternate solutions.

What ype of data or applications are you trying to integrate with on the VMS system.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Charles Ezzell Tuesday, February 22, 2011 8:57 PM
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 2:46 PM
  • There is not a specific application.We just need to integrate with data in VAX which I think VAX processes data using files.

Thanks in Advance!!

Monday, March 7, 2011 6:44 AM
  • One option could be to configure a client to push data back to the VMS system. However there are Intel based virtualization solution that can offer a permanent solution to your VAX system. Pls send me a detailed email at babua_b@hotmail.com specifying your system architecture so that I am able to suggest appropriate solution to you.

Regards

Bishwanath

Sunday, August 7, 2011 8:38 PM