Put Query Result Item display name into an Email template RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I put in place a request offering inwhich the user can select items from a query result.

After submission, there's a review activity. An email is properly sent to reviewers.

Now, I'd like to add information from the request form in this email. I managed to put the text values but I can't figure out how to put the query result information.

Is it possible ? Does anyone know how to do that ?

Have a nice day,

Nichoff

• Edited by nichoff Wednesday, October 16, 2013 9:03 AM
    Wednesday, October 16, 2013 9:02 AM

All replies

• it can be done by:

• creating a custom workflow (using Authoring tools) that triggers when a SR created, then a PS runs to filter the 'Query Result' from the 'User Input' field and pass it to an existing SR attributes (e.g. Description, or Custom Field if the SR class is extended), then pass that attribute to the child item (e.g. review activity) in the notification template, this link explains how to pass data from the parent item to child item http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2012/04/03/using-data-properties-from-the-parent-work-items-in-activity-email-templates.aspx
    • or, create a Runbook (instead of the custom workflow) that triggers when the SR created and using the same PS script to get the required user input then pass to a SR attribute

(I usually use the second option)

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 1:10 PM
  • Hi, and thanks for the answer.

Since the begining of this afternoon, I'm working on a Runbook to perform it. :)

I think I'll keep this solution for the moment, as I'm used to work with SCO.

I was just wondering if there was any easy way to what I needed to do !

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Nichoff

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 1:21 PM
  • Hi, and thanks for the answer.

Since the begining of this afternoon, I'm working on a Runbook to perform it. :)

I think I'll keep this solution for the moment, as I'm used to work with SCO.

I was just wondering if there was any easy way to what I needed to do !

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Nichoff

Add the query result to the Review Activity as an "affected configuration item" you are able to access this in the email-template as "About Configuration Item" - same as in SCorch. This is option 1 from Ayman, except you can trigger this using a subscription on the Review Activity that triggers when it updates status to "in progress" - also the link he provided is for accessing properties in a parent work item - you need to access the Configuration Item.
    Monday, November 4, 2013 1:43 PM