none
DPM 2012 Tape library changer sharing RRS feed

• Question

• I setup tape library sharing on one of my three DPM 2012 servers. I then retired that server. I'm now trying to share the changer out on another server. I'm able to see the changer in the device settings of the new DPM server. I can see the tape library in the administrator console, but when I run a rescan it fails with the following errors, referencing my retired DPM 2012 servers.

DPM failed to communicate with the protection agent on CCDPM2012SRV3 because access is denied. (ID 42 Details: Access is denied (0x80070005))

DPM failed to communicate with ccdpmp01.ccounty.com because the computer is unreachable. (ID 41 Details: The RPC server is unavailable (0x800706BA))

Is there a config. setting within DPM that may be looking at these server?

Thursday, December 18, 2014 5:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You will need to remove library sharing, then re-enable library sharing so you can switch library control servers.

There is a good chance that re-enabling library sharing may fail with an error "Failed
    to execute SharedLibraryConfigureDb.sql on DPMSERVER"
    because DPM 2012 has an issue where it does not clean up properly - this is being addressed in a future Update. 

If that does occur, then open a support ticket and have the DPM Support engineer reference ID2785571 to help cleanup - you will not be charged since it's a know issue.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, December 18, 2014 5:34 PM